Carter @ Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

as for the carter game. Im not reading much into last nights near win against the blackbirds for carter. There were 10 turnovers in that game, of which were fultons and i think nearly 40 penalties....UGLY UGLY game. let's see what happens on the turf, with hopefully no wet stuff. I beleive we will wear them down, ground and pound our way to about a 4 score win. If we stop freeman early and often, second half should be downhill....i'll say 42-13 Devils.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the carter game. Im not reading much into last nights near win against the blackbirds for carter. There were 10 turnovers in that game, of which were fultons and i think nearly 40 penalties....UGLY UGLY game. let's see what happens on the turf, with hopefully no wet stuff. I beleive we will wear them down, ground and pound our way to about a 4 score win. If we stop freeman early and often, second half should be downhill....i'll say 42-13 Devils.

Im with u BVD  i think they get one early then we settle down 42- 7 !

The only thing that helped carter was the rain , Fulton played the worst game they have in years it was a quagmire , i dont see how anybody held on to the ball , on a dry night Fulton wins 55-7 IMO!

yah it was beyond ugly. i went to the DB/SH game and left at halftime cause i was freakin soaked and listened to the DB/SH game on the radio and listened to fulton on my phone....10 turnovers and nearly 40 penalties.....it was uuuuuuuuuuugly

Give carter credit for playing inspired football and making it a very close game. Also realize that Carter's new coach was Fulton's defensive coordinator for the past several seasons. If anyone knew the offense and how to prepare a defense to stop Fulton, it would have been carter. The stars were aligned for sure. Anyone that sat in any of the high school stands knew the cold and windy conditions affected every team across the state. Not an excuse for not rising to the test, but the reality of bad weather and a referee's crew to throw 40 flags.

Return to reality and Greeneville wins big.

if TSSAA ever came to Knox and ask enough questions they would find out quickly how the youth system works in Knoxville for the betterment of Fulton,  cause it is a well known fact, just hasn't been anyone with enough clout to bring the issue to a head, it will happen some day once someone that has any back bone to stand up for what's right rather then what's easy.

You aren't tied to a school until you show up in 9th grade. Some people incorrectly refer to kids as "transfers" that have never attended another High School.

Edited by Red Rebels

I think Greeneville wins but it'll be closer than everyone thinks.  I'll give Greeneville their due that they are a good team, but the opening game should have been won they needed to win.  Still they are a better team since then and their record shows it, but from the teams they have beat I don't see anyone of significance.  Carter is better than the last 9 games they have played.  I think Greeneville wins but based on this win we will see how much of a shot they have against Fulton.  I personally don't see anyone beating Fulton in Upper East Tennessee.  Of course, I'd love to see Elizabethton, South, or Greeneville beat Fulton but I just don't see it happening.

I think Greeneville wins but it'll be closer than everyone thinks. I'll give Greeneville their due that they are a good team, but the opening game should have been won they needed to win. Still they are a better team since then and their record shows it, but from the teams they have beat I don't see anyone of significance. Carter is better than the last 9 games they have played. I think Greeneville wins but based on this win we will see how much of a shot they have against Fulton. I personally don't see anyone beating Fulton in Upper East Tennessee. Of course, I'd love to see Elizabethton, South, or Greeneville beat Fulton but I just don't see it happening.

Your right the opener we should have won. When you hold a team to 150 yds of total offense and have over 300 yds you should win. Having 18 penaltis for more yards than the other team had its hard to over come. Not the best team Greeneville has played in the past 9 games. That would be Signal Mountain who I think could win quad 2.