1A Quad 3 first round Clarksville Academy travels to Huntland

gtripledip

My son informed me the boys from Clarksville Academy are excited to play someone different. I think it's crazy to play the same teams in the playoffs as you do the regular season. I expect this to be an exciting game. I know one thing, Clarksville Academy is only worried about this game on Friday. The team is not looking ahead. If we are fortunate enough to win vs Huntland, only then will we look at the next opponent.

This has to be Cheeky....see you soon old buddy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntlaned played Clarksville Academy in the first game at your new sports complex.  Coins were given to all the players to remember the first event held on your field. They played at Huntland the next year.

Yep, that is correct.  I remember that night well, but I did not make it to Huntland the next year.   Who won that one?  Should be a good matchup with the Hornets!

Edited by monoptn

@kenmynatt ive seen both these CA teams and I would give the edge to Clarksville academy. Columbia Academy has three good players that carry that team. Mostly the kicker and QB.

Agree. That is why I have said that Clarksville Academy easily gets to 3rd round to face NCS (provided NCS doesn't get knocked out in the 2nd round).

Edited by RodNReel

Agree. That is why I have said that Clarksville Academy easily gets to 3rd round to face NCS (provided NCS doesn't get knocked out in the 2nd round).

I hope you are right...but I doubt it will be easy.  I'm looking forward to traveling to Huntland.   I know their quarterback is a great kid, and I bet his supporting cast is top-notch too!  Go Cougars! 

@kenmynatt ive seen both these CA teams and I would give the edge to Clarksville academy. Columbia Academy has three good players that carry that team. Mostly the kicker and QB.

I just don't see where all this confidence comes from regarding North CA. They haven't beaten anyone with a decent record and their defense has given up a lot of points to some really below average opponents. Add to that, little to no depth, and a coaching staff that is clueless in making in game adjustments and you guys think that equals victories over two teams with a combined record of 18-2? 

Maybe you are just trying to instill confidence in the players with all these statements. Much like these before the Nashville Christian game:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

(1)Don't think NCS is guaranteed the win and if they do... not expecting the blow out everyone is predicting. 

Got the chance to watch NCS play recently, not as strong as in years past, kind of like the rest of 1A. Don't get me wrong, they have several good players, a few who have D1 offers, guessing due to size? Plus they have a great coach. But CA has huge momentum and with almost everyone healthy, they may be tough to beat. And heard that a few of the CA players say they are D1. So with two stacked teams, should be a close game Friday night.

Doesn't sound that close and don't think NCS will score what they want. Think they will have to work for the win this week.

A lot is being said about NCS defense, but what about the offense? Offense seems to be CA's strength. Going to be a good game tomorrow night by two well coached teams. May come down to who makes less mistakes and officiating. Don't see a mercy rule. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This strategy obviously worked out well. Forgive me for doubting your analysis, but in this case future results ARE indicative of past performance. 

Good luck to you though. A North CA victory over South CA would mean NCS hosts the quarterfinal game rematch. Certainly that is our desired outcome but I believe we will be firing up the buses and traveling to South CA in a few weeks. 

Edited by kenmynattcpa

I just don't see where all this confidence comes from regarding North CA. They haven't beaten anyone with a decent record and their defense has given up a lot of points to some really below average opponents. Add to that, little to no depth, and a coaching staff that is clueless in making in game adjustments and you guys think that equals victories over two teams with a combined record of 18-2?

Maybe you are just trying to instill confidence in the players with all these statements. Much like these before the Nashville Christian game:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

(1)Don't think NCS is guaranteed the win and if they do... not expecting the blow out everyone is predicting.

Got the chance to watch NCS play recently, not as strong as in years past, kind of like the rest of 1A. Don't get me wrong, they have several good players, a few who have D1 offers, guessing due to size? Plus they have a great coach. But CA has huge momentum and with almost everyone healthy, they may be tough to beat. And heard that a few of the CA players say they are D1. So with two stacked teams, should be a close game Friday night.

Doesn't sound that close and don't think NCS will score what they want. Think they will have to work for the win this week.

A lot is being said about NCS defense, but what about the offense? Offense seems to be CA's strength. Going to be a good game tomorrow night by two well coached teams. May come down to who makes less mistakes and officiating. Don't see a mercy rule.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This strategy obviously worked out well. Forgive me for doubting your analysis, but in this case future results ARE indicative of past performance.

Good luck to you though. A North CA victory over South CA would mean NCS hosts the quarterfinal game rematch. Certainly that is our desired outcome but I believe we will be firing up the buses and traveling to South CA in a few weeks.

So your saying if south ca beats north ca then your bringing busses to watch WC play south ca? That's a true love for the game!

So your saying if south ca beats north ca then your bringing busses to watch WC play south ca? That's a true love for the game!

Good one! Let's see, Wayne County, the team that fumbles more than times than Joe Biden giving a speech making it to the semifinals? I really like WC, their great coach, and enthusiastic fan base. Should be a good game in Nashville against NCS for about a half. WC, as the result of too many injuries this year, won't be able to hang with NCS after halftime. 21-14 half. 48-21 prediction final.