Bradley Central at Science hill

baconbreath

He said he has to eat! Give the Bear Fan a break. He likes to do a little recon before the game. Knoxville can be a headache on Friday afternoon. From the I-75/I-40 junction to the I-81/I-40 junction is always a pain. Usually past the 407 exit it clears up some, but a lot of people don't keep right anymore.

That's true. I hit some pretty heavy traffic on the way to the Mo East game earlier this year. But it wasn't bad when I went up to Jeff Co. It's hit or miss as far as traffic goes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he has a female traveling with him. :)

WaCo.......me and momma wint two Greanevul fer tha playofts a few yeers baick and we left on a Thirsdee att noon and jist barelee maid hit by 7 onn Fridee nite.......Jist let me say thays a bunch ov good eatin' places beetwixst heer and thair...... :hungry:

Az fer az Jonsun City eatin' places...me and momma haz ben r-u-n-n-o-f-t frum a few ov tham two, cents tha Pups iz goin' two skool thair att Easturn Stait......FarrHouse iz good.....Cootie Brown's ant baid.....and mommaSTARS cain bee a reel frend two Pals....... B)

Edited by STARSNBARS

I made it all the way to the virginia border from Maryville in just over an hour and a half. And cleveland is "maybe" an hour south of here. So it shouldn't take 4 hrs to get from bradley county to the tri-cities.

Ok lol. Let's get travel times right.

Cleveland to Knoxville is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes (84 Miles), running between 70 and 75 mph. I used to work in Knoxville and still go for meetings, so I know this from 25 years of doing it. From Knoxville to Johnson City it usually takes 1.5 hours to 2 hours depending on traffic. so 1.25 + 1.5 hours is 2.75 hours. 1.25 hours + 2 hours is 3.25 hours. So allowing for parking, and getting in the stadium, getting food at the concessions, I allow 4 hours travel time. More if I am going to stop and eat at a sit down restaurant. Never knew that would create so much controversy.

He said he has to eat! Give the Bear Fan a break. He likes to do a little recon before the game. Knoxville can be a headache on Friday afternoon. From the I-75/I-40 junction to the I-81/I-40 junction is always a pain. Usually past the 407 exit it clears up some, but a lot of people don't keep right anymore.

I said it's "maybe" an hr from Cleveland to maryville. I made it to the virginia border from maryville in about an hr and a half once. But I'm a left lane bandit and speed. Lol

Well I always figure worst case for traffic.

Oh I have been known to let the hammer down but sometimes that just does not work.

Virtually everyone I know that is going is leaving by 3.

Edited by alt1958

Ok lol. Let's get travel times right.

Cleveland to Knoxville is typically 1 hour and 15 minutes (84 Miles), running between 70 and 75 mph. I used to work in Knoxville and still go for meetings, so I know this from 25 years of doing it. From Knoxville to Johnson City it usually takes 1.5 hours to 2 hours depending on traffic. so 1.25 + 1.5 hours is 2.75 hours. 1.25 hours + 2 hours is 3.25 hours. So allowing for parking, and getting in the stadium, getting food at the concessions, I allow 4 hours travel time. More if I am going to stop and eat at a sit down restaurant. Never knew that would create so much controversy.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I've done Johnson City to Exit 1 on I-75 (East Ridge exit in Chattanooga) in 3 hours flat.

Drive faster ;)

I hope The hill concentrated this week on the "d".. i really think if the hill could get their "d" clicking then they could give Maryville a run ! The hill reminds me so much of DB in 2012 !! Both our malik then and your malik now did/will give any team headaches !!

2012:   Maryville 41     DB 20

But to your point, any team can lose on any given night.    Would be great to see a Science Hill / Maryville game