KC steps down at Sequatchie Co

Tbolt

Ill be honest guys. I agree coaches need to be in charge and parents need to let them be in charge but I was around the coaches when our team scrimmaged Seq and some of the language I heard was truly filthy. And believe me I've not got virgin ears. I heard a few words that were really bad. Just sayin.

Filth.. Lol you should hear the metro coaches but i guess SC is going to have to hire a soft spoken coach. Someone the kids and parents can run over. Such a shame

I coached with kc at marion back in the days when he had complete control of the program. He is an excellent hs football coach, whom I have a great

respect for. Our language was not always the best, however, we had a true

respect and caring for our players. There was little or none parent moaning or groaning about our program. I know for a fact that Ken could not stand to lose and these last 2 seasons probably took a toll on him. Over the yrs.

you have to believe the old saying, that if the inmates run the cells, you

are going to have problems. I hope T. Layne and Seq. Co. get who they want, and I wish KC the best in retirement, will be joining that fratertinity soon.

When the walk-out happened, all that Layne accomplished is to empower the parents. He should have grown a set and cancelled the remainder of the season. But he failed to back his coach. I feel sorry for the coaches of the other sports at SCHS when they do something the parents don't agree with.

We need to focus on getting a quality coach. Not someone from within the school system. Not someone from Layne's inner circle of friends. No more Taylors, Montgomerys, Picketts, or Bargers (although he was the best that we've had in a long, long time). Go outside and find a quality, young coach and let him bring some friends. Look how well it's turned out for Jasper. Won't be infuenced by local politics. Won't have any family ties. Their only focus will be building this program I to the dominating power that it can be.

Filth.. Lol you should hear the metro coaches but i guess SC is going to have to hire a soft spoken coach. Someone the kids and parents can run over. Such a shame

yea I bet Rankin never says any of those 4 letter words. 15-18 kids need to toughen up. I would hate to be a marined rill sargeant getting these type 18. y/0 young men with such delicate feelings. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

yea I bet Rankin never says any of those 4 letter words. 15-18 kids need to toughen up. I would hate to be a marined rill sargeant getting these type 18. y/0 young men with such delicate feelings.

No such thing as a Marine drill sergeant.

Marine Drill Instructor.

C'mon man!!!