Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

Looking at your profile pic its safe to guess you are a Bama fan. Bet you are happy with the way things are working out for Bama. What do you think about Kiffin? Kiffin is shady and has made mistakes and yet the mighty Nick saban hired him. Nick saban must need his head examined don't you think.

Bama isn't doing any better than they were this time last year... Actually they lost earlier in the season this year than they have in a while. They have a very hard game this weekend and they still have to play Auburn.... I don't know McCurry but if he is as shady as everyone says, I say no way. Winning is great but integrity means more. By the way I believe he coached a 2a team. That's a lot different than 6A or next year 5A. I know coach Mantooth and I don't see him giving the job to someone with that reputation. Just my 2 cents.

Bama isn't doing any better than they were this time last year... Actually they lost earlier in the season this year than they have in a while. They have a very hard game this weekend and they still have to play Auburn.... I don't know McCurry but if he is as shady as everyone says, I say no way. Winning is great but integrity means more. By the way I believe he coached a 2a team. That's a lot different than 6A or next year 5A. I know coach Mantooth and I don't see him giving the job to someone with that reputation. Just my 2 cents.

What does the classification matter? Anyone that actually knows the game knows football is always football. Ask Oakland how well Tommy McDaniels has worked out coming from Moore co. Jim Tressell came from little Ole youngetown state before OSU.

People in general love gossip. Perception is greater than reality. Every story has two sides. Looking at Franklin County's past track record of hiring football coaches, seems not much they have left to lose. Since what 2001 they have had 5 coaches? Not sure how many had 5A head coaching gigs before hand. Does Mac really want the job?Is a freshman team coach really what the doctor ordered?A first year head coach? Or a coach looking for a retirement home? From all reports, FC doesn't pay very well and you do not get an athletic period. Don't think they will break the bank either. Rankin ain't walking through those doors anytime soon.

What does the classification matter? Anyone that actually knows the game knows football is always football. Ask Oakland how well Tommy McDaniels has worked out coming from Moore co. Jim Tressell came from little Ole youngetown state before OSU.

Oakland is a lot different than FC. FC doesn't have the hot bed of talent like Murfreesboro does. Plus Tressell got in trouble and had to resign also....So maybe him and McCurry do have some things in common.

People in general love gossip. Perception is greater than reality. Every story has two sides. Looking at Franklin County's past track record of hiring football coaches, seems not much they have left to lose. Since what 2001 they have had 5 coaches? Not sure how many had 5A head coaching gigs before hand. Does Mac really want the job?Is a freshman team coach really what the doctor ordered?A first year head coach? Or a coach looking for a retirement home? From all reports, FC doesn't pay very well and you do not get an athletic period. Don't think they will break the bank either.

FC doesn't pay well and not having an athletic period isn't going to attract many coaches. From what I gather they are in the process of hiring a new superintendent. Maybe the new person will change that.

Franklin County people are hilarious. They are the only ones that think this is a desirable job. Looking back at their past Hires, has any of their  coaches had a winning record since the 80's? They should be on their knees begging a McCurry. If they follow their track record, a Lee Atkins type hire is on its way. John Olive loves these people!

Edited by dixieboyfan20

Franklin County people are hilarious. They are the only ones that think this is a desirable job. Looking back at their past Hires, has any of their  coaches had a winning record since the 80's? They should be on their knees begging a McCurry. If they follow their track record, a Lee Atkins type hire is on its way. John Olive loves these people!

I have to agree with you no one with the stats that McCurry has will be nocking on the door at Franklin County for the head coach position maybe Mac is looking for a place to retire out of and what place would be better for him to do that than where he is from and his family lives. your right they will hire someone that is trying to get his foot in the door as a head coach for the first time or with less than a few years as head coach and the results will be the same as the past 10 to 15 years.

Franklin County people are hilarious. They are the only ones that think this is a desirable job. Looking back at their past Hires, has any of their coaches had a winning record since the 80's? They should be on their knees begging a McCurry. If they follow their track record, a Lee Atkins type hire is on its way. John Olive loves these people!

Does McCurry have a job currently?