Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the comment last year that Cummings would choke it the championship game ,and man I got jumped on bad. But,I was right. This year, he's got a little bit more exp with the big game. Just rely on what gets you there in the first place and let play ball. Good luck to the Rebs.

So losing by an extra point in the 5A state championship game is a "choke"?  Wow - pretty high expectations - I'm sure Cummings will try harder not to let you down this year Ktown. 

So losing by an extra point in the 5A state championship game is a "choke"?  Wow - pretty high expectations - I'm sure Cummings will try harder not to let you down this year Ktown. 

It's no secret that he choked. When you have two guys like Marshall and Cottrell and you try to throw the ball when there's 1:30 left, with a timeout left, than you're panicking. Especially since West didn't have any semblance of a passing game last year. Lots and lots of people that used to be affiliated with the West h.s. program felt the same way. I mean LOTS. As a matter of fact, many of them were expecting him to choke. Hopefully Cummings can exorcise his demons this year.

Edited by RunninRebels

If I remeber correctly, it was Tate who dropped at least one of the balls and he was wide open with no one within 10 yards of him. I think the call was great but the kid just didn't execute the play.

It was more of the kid let the moment get too big for him. i am sure it will not be this year!

Edited by WarEagles

Yea, this is very true, I saw the misalignment instantly and I am sure the coaches did as well, I doubt that is the way they schemed it, looked more like the kids were out of position, not making excuses, TH beat us, but we did have 6 starter out that start on both sides of the ball, so I think the game was misleading as to what AC had at the beginning of the year to the end, when you have 6 kids injured that play both ways it is obvious that you are not very deep and that is very hard to recover from but sometimes that's just the way it goes.  I think West wins this one by a score of around 35-14

I think the most popular quote on this thread is "I'm not making excuses for AC but....". I'm just curious... did all 6 of these starters get hurt in the Oak Ridge game and not have time to heal, or did AC underestimate the Vikings and chose to let these guys rest up for the West game you guys already had penciled in on your schedule??? By the way... who where these "6 starters" and what positions did they play if you don't mind me asking??

West defense is better against the run...but we force teams to have to throw the ball, therefore teams throw the ball more than they normally do. I thought they looked pretty good against both facets Friday night! They did have 2 INTs returned for TDs.

So I think sometimes it is misleading because they force people to have to throw and they attack the ball aggressively as well.

Yea yea.... we heard the same thing all last week and after our first offensive possession it was easy to see that it was going to be a long night for AC. I don't know about "being out of position all night" but I do know that they simply couldn't match the athleticism of our backs. They made good contact but couldn't wrap up. The Vikings #9 is all of 160 to 170 pounds and seriously looked like Marshawn Lynch against the AC defenders. I''m just sayin....

Edited by Cap1

Yes I guess it does but it still stinks bc I was looking forward to seeing two great tailbacks duel in a sequel. Just know you guys had a fantastic couple of years of football and it seems you have a coach that will keep you all playing at a high level. Best of luck in the new region...who knows West and AC may play one another w each needing to fill five games.

The AC tailback was a hard running explosive back. But at best he was the third best back on the field Friday night... so you will still get your wish.  ;)