Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't think West is athletic and has speed, I don't know what to tell you. As I said earlier, THS has a solid running game with some very good backs and QB. And they look well coached. West is not AC and you can be sure they will be prepared Friday night.

FINALLY we get to talk about THIS Friday night's game!! To be honest with you I know as much about this West team going in to this game as I knew about AC going in to last weeks game. And that is what I've heard and what has been posted on CoachT. And we learned from last week how misleading that can be. So tell us about your team. So far all we know is that you are strong against the run and you have a spectacular tailback. Hmmmmmm... sounds familiar.  :huh:

Cap,

I'm a WB fan and we already played West. And I can tell you that they are really really good. Going into the West game We had won 3 games in a row and our RB had rushed for nearly 600 yards and 8 tds in just those 3 games. Seeing as how we had momentum going into that game, our defense was improved ,and had seemingly found our running game I thought we had a good chance to compete provided we showed up and gave 110% and played mistake free football. They held us to negative rushing yards and beat us 70-14. And they have beaten most of the teams on their schedule pretty bad too. THS may be good, but west is a championship caliber team.

Edited by Governors91

What same thing did you hear last week?  We will see Friday and THS does some really good things and gets in several formations where it comes down to 1on1 battles and winning those battles!  It all boils down to man on man and being physical.  We will see and look for a good game Friday night in Knoxville. Have a safe trip down THS.

Um... just curious. You do know we are talking football here and not some WWE wrestling match?? 

FINALLY we get to talk about THIS Friday night's game!! To be honest with you I know as much about this West team going in to this game as I knew about AC going in to last weeks game. And that is what I've heard and what has been posted on CoachT. And we learned from last week how misleading that can be. So tell us about your team. So far all we know is that you are strong against the run and you have a spectacular tailback. Hmmmmmm... sounds familiar. :huh:

Let's start with the basics, we don't have a tailback. We are top 5 in scoring in the state, first in 5A and we allow roughly 15 points a game. We have played Maryville pretty well,

FINALLY we get to talk about THIS Friday night's game!! To be honest with you I know as much about this West team going in to this game as I knew about AC going in to last weeks game. And that is what I've heard and what has been posted on CoachT. And we learned from last week how misleading that can be. So tell us about your team. So far all we know is that you are strong against the run and you have a spectacular tailback. Hmmmmmm... sounds familiar. :huh:

got cut off Ill finish it later Edited by trip

Let's start with the basics, we don't have a tailback. We are top 5 in scoring in the state, first in 5A and we allow roughly 15 points a game. We have played Maryville pretty well,

Wow... Impressive!! But I have one for your stat book. West ranks 113th out of the 114 Division 1 AAA teams in the State in Strength of Schedule. Translation... there is only one D1 AAA team in the state of TN that has a weaker schedule than your team! :roflol: Now that we've gotten past "the basics", what truly makes West a worthy opponent? 

Edited by Cap1

At 54-12 - West is averaging 11 wins a year over the last 5 years (82%) - with half of those losses coming to the 5A or 6A State Champions.  Makes me wonder about those lots and lots of people that USED to be affiliated with the program.  I'm glad Cummings is our Coach and I support him. 

I am too, but the program really turned around when he hired Derek Rang as DC. Everyone has their opinion, but you're in the minority bud. Again, I support Cummings but it is what it is. That was his first experience in the championship game. It hit him pretty hard afterwards, too. I'd say he'll do fine this time around.

Edited by RunninRebels

Wow... Impressive!! But I have one for your stat book. West ranks 113th out of the 114 Division 1 AAA teams in the State in Strength of Schedule. Translation... there is only one D1 AAA team in the state of TN that has a weaker schedule than your team! :roflol: Now that we've gotten past "the basics", what truly makes West a worthy opponent?

Please share your source for this. I have not looked at this myself but I do know that Daniel Boone played a tougher schedule than Tennessee High so that must mean that TNH must be the #114 team??? You might be backwards and West may actually have the 2nd toughest schedule in 5A. I don't know for sure. Edited by RebRaider85