Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude after Maryville you had 2 teams that barely finished over 500, 1 team with 4 wins ALL SEASON, 3 teams with three wins, 1 with only one win for the ENTIRE SEASON, AND ONE WITH A BIG GOOSE EGG!!! Now I'm not John Madden but it don't take Sonny Moore or CoachT to figure out you guys had a weak schedule. The teams you dominated were all door mats!! With the obvious exception of the states crown jewel Maryville only two other teams on your schedule made it to the post season and only one is playing Friday night. I'm thinking I could have rounded up a few kids in the subdivision and made some noise with that schedule. Look... I will admit that everything points to the fact that West is a really good team but trust me, it's not because of your competition. You should at least admit to that to keep yourself from looking like a complete bucket head. 

Cap didn't you bring up the strength of schedule? So why argue about it now.

Yes West did play several teams that didn't have great records. We also played a team that was 500 Friday and a Historical power in which they won 46-0.

West also lost to Maryville again this year who is ranked 22nd in the Nation in high school football.  They play a weak schedule also. So the argument is really stupid. Comes down to matchups and playing the game.

It should be a really good game.  I will be interested to hear your take on West team after you have seen them play for yourself.   It won't resemble anything you saw last week at Anderson County. 

I know it won't ORK. And I know the odds are with out a doubt against us to get the W, but it's not out of the question. I'm just excited that we get another week of this because for me it is unexpected but definitely welcomed. I'm also excited for the Viking program. These coaches and players have worked hard all season and even when the chips were stacked heavily against us they never quit! So even if everything that has been said on here about West is true and they are this beast of a team they're still gonna have to prove it Friday night. And there is one thing I've learned you won't see form this team, and that is the white flag!

Cap didn't you bring up the strength of schedule? So why argue about it now.

Yes West did play several teams that didn't have great records. We also played a team that was 500 Friday and a Historical power in which they won 46-0.

West also lost to Maryville again this year who is ranked 22nd in the Nation in high school football.  They play a weak schedule also. So the argument is really stupid. Comes down to matchups and playing the game.

Everything in this post (with the exception of the very last sentence) is stupid. :huh: I'm really not sure why I'm responding. 

I know it won't ORK. And I know the odds are with out a doubt against us to get the W, but it's not out of the question. I'm just excited that we get another week of this because for me it is unexpected but definitely welcomed. I'm also excited for the Viking program. These coaches and players have worked hard all season and even when the chips were stacked heavily against us they never quit! So even if everything that has been said on here about West is true and they are this beast of a team they're still gonna have to prove it Friday night. And there is one thing I've learned you won't see form this team, and that is the white flag!

If Foxy was "easily" the 3rd maybe 4th best back on the field this past Friday then this should be a cake walk for the Vikings!

Dude after Maryville you had 2 teams that barely finished over 500, 1 team with 4 wins ALL SEASON, 3 teams with three wins, 1 with only one win for the ENTIRE SEASON, AND ONE WITH A BIG GOOSE EGG!!! Now I'm not John Madden but it don't take Sonny Moore or CoachT to figure out you guys had a weak schedule. The teams you dominated were all door mats!! With the obvious exception of the states crown jewel Maryville only two other teams on your schedule made it to the post season and only one is playing Friday night. I'm thinking I could have rounded up a few kids in the subdivision and made some noise with that schedule. Look... I will admit that everything points to the fact that West is a really good team but trust me, it's not because of your competition. You should at least admit to that to keep yourself from looking like a complete bucket head.

You are wrong about one thing.. There wasn't a single team in our district that finished winless.Bearden was 0-9 but ended up winning in week 10 to avoid the goose egg. And i'll concede that our district is down this year and it was down last year. However.... Our district is still easily the best 5A/6A district in East Tn and on a good year it's one of the most competitive districts in the state. Maryville and West would destroy anyone in your district and on most years HVA, farragut and bearden could beat any team in your district, including SH and DB. So i'm not debating that our district wasn't so hot this year... I just find it odd that a guy who's team plays in arguably the weakest district year in and year out wants to smart off about west's schedule. How many teams did your district have in the state title game last year? Zero you say? Well we had 2 teams repping 4AAA in Cookeville. But our district is a joke according to you. :huh: Edited by Governors91

Losing to maryville should be irrelevant to the 5a playoff picture. West isn't scared of any team, and they give it their best shot but when it comes down to it, maryville is head and shoulders above any competition in 5a.

I beg to differ..,..check out the D11 scrimmage against Ensworth...

the only difference between 5a ans 6a is what? a couple hundred kids??? If I was the big fish in the pond feeding off guppies year after year my trophy case would be full too.......I would be comfortable stayin in my lane....