Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

I WISH THAT FOLKS WOULD STOP REFERRING TO MARYVILLE AS THE STANDARD OF FOOTBALL....RIGHT THIS IS 5A FOOTBALL AND TAKING THE LOSS TO THEM AS A "GIVEN" IS ABSURD TO ME AS A COMPETITOR...HEY THIS RACE IS TIGHT AND WE HAVE SOME GREAT TEAMS COMPETING....IT'S ALL ABOUT MATCH UPS AND ALOT OF FOLKS ARE JUMPING THE GUN BASED ON WHAT THEY DID LAST SEASON....WHAT A BIG MISTAKE...

55-1 with 2 Gold Balls at the highest 6A level that the state of Tennessee offers.  Sounds like a pretty high standard to me.  Do you know of any team at any level of Tennessee football whose seniors have only lost 1 game in their career?  Even if they lost on Friday - it would still be an impressive run.  To not acknowledge that as an accomplishment and be impressed borders on comical at best.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with a CoachT poster's spirit. If my mindset had a direct effect on the Govs they would quit underachieving every year. You believing the Owls could/would beat maryville would have zero impact on the game should ya'll play. The fact is Maryville may have not beaten the owls on the field yet but they have beaten teams that are objectively better than the owls every year. So it's safe to put money on Maryville beating the owls like they do everyone else. I have lived here in Blount County most of my life and I can't tell you how many good teams have come into maryville cocky and confident thinking they were going to win and they ended up getting destroyed. I used to think that WB had a chance to beat maryville every year but after seeing so many lopsided games I know better now. And you would come to see things that way too if the owls got a few butt whoopings from them.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE...BUT SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND THE GOVS....NOT THE COMPETITIVE MINDED FOLKS...LIKE THE OWLS AND SEVERAL OTHER TEAMS.....#LOP

55-1 with 2 Gold Balls at the highest 6A level that the state of Tennessee offers.  Sounds like a pretty high standard to me.  Do you know of any team at any level of Tennessee football whose seniors have only lost 1 game in their career?  Even if they lost on Friday - it would still be an impressive run.  To not acknowledge that as an accomplishment and be impressed borders on comical at best.

They are the standard for all public programs in the state. And they happen to be in our district. I will say this, they have made us a better program.

I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE...BUT SPEAK FOR YOURSELF AND THE GOVS....NOT THE COMPETITIVE MINDED FOLKS...LIKE THE OWLS AND SEVERAL OTHER TEAMS.....#LOP

It has nothing to do with being competitive or not, it's a matter of being realistic. I can talk smack all I want about us beating Maryville but it ain't gonna change anything. The fact of the matter is it has gotten to a point where it's just plain stupid to pick against maryville.

DON'T YOU WISH THAT YOU CAN SAY THAT ABOUT YOUR TEAM?? WOW #SMH

MY TEAM NOR YOURS HAS EVER WON A GOLD BALL AND YOU THINK I WILL WASTE MY ENERGY REVERENCING  SOMEONE WHO HAS PUT A SPOT ON MY RECORD EVERY YEAR?? I WOULD PUT MY ENERGY ON HOW TO CRACK THAT CODE..THAT IS WHAT REAL COMPETITORS DO...BUT I FORGOT YOU ARE A FAN...

DON'T YOU WISH THAT YOU CAN SAY THAT ABOUT YOUR TEAM?? WOW #SMH

MY TEAM NOR YOURS HAS EVER WON A GOLD BALL AND YOU THINK I WILL WASTE MY ENERGY REVERENCING  SOMEONE WHO HAS PUT A SPOT ON MY RECORD EVERY YEAR?? I WOULD PUT MY ENERGY ON HOW TO CRACK THAT CODE..THAT IS WHAT REAL COMPETITORS DO...BUT I FORGOT YOU ARE A FAN...

So you acknowledge that you wish your team had their success - that's a good place to start.  No one is "REVERENCING" anyone - but I do respect other programs that appear to be doing things right.  I'm glad you are a competitor - I'll just continue on being a fan because being a competitor obviously means you can't seem to type without using ALL CAPS. 

You really are a terrible poster. You have nothing of value to add on any thread. Your little caps and emoticons remind me of my first grader and that's being disrespectful to her.

The word you are looking for is "troll".  But he is our little troll, at least a few times a year.  It shows he really cares enough about our program to show up and comment.  Thank you PA for your continued support.  We hope to be back next week - if not - we will start an off season thread and you can join us there with your pearls of competitive wisdom.  Good luck against Rhea County.