Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West is unsurprisingly a solid team. From personal experience this season IMO there are only two teams we played that could come close to competing with this WEST team and they are both 6A teams. DB would be a toss up and Science Hill would be a shoot out. Tonight this Viking team simply laid down for the first time this season. It was obvious to me that they came into this game KNOWING they were going to get a beat down and almost excepting it. That kind of mind set comes down from the top. I think our coaching staff spent to much time admiring the WEST team and less time pushing the Thomas the Train mentality of "I THINK I CAN" and that translated out on the field tonight. I"f we are being honest their weren't many people that actually had a clue about high school football that believed we could really win this game but that can't be what is translated to the player the week of the game even if that is the fact. All I was hearing this week form my sources to the players was how good WEST was, and how it's going to be a long night. Contrary to popular belief... when you go into a game with that mind set you will get a much shorter game with the continues clock. I'm just sayin.....  :mellow:

You sound like PA in more ways than one - you can think your way to the win - it's all about the positive vibes. It's easy to say they laid down before the game and KNEW they were defeated. I would disagree - they were dancing and talking a pretty good game out there in my opinion. That lasted right up to kickoff.

THS did not lay down- they were put down.

You sound like PA in more ways than one - you can think your way to the win - it's all about the positive vibes. It's easy to say they laid down before the game and KNEW they were defeated. I would disagree - they were dancing and talking a pretty good game out there in my opinion. That lasted right up to kickoff.

THS did not lay down- they were put down.

In every facet of the game may I add!

Is this an UpperEastTennessee thing? I've seen Elizabethton do this and now THS. There is another instance of this from up that way, but my brain is still frozen. Maybe it was DC vs DB [not D - B]. Way to go Rebels!

Personally I've never witnessed THS do that.  I wasn't at the game so I can't speak for what happened.  If they did that, it needed to be addressed by the coaching staff. Our best player about 3 or 4 years ago liked to run his mouth a lot.  Our last head coach kicked him off the team after the first game of his senior season.

Edited by THSVikings2004

None of your business. I'm old enough. He's an arrogant person. I don't hate him whatsoever, and I wish him well in his pursuits (sincerely, as I do all of these kids) but that's just the truth.

My bad about the #14 harshey does have that number. Whatever Burch has is the number I meant

Old enough to do what? Call a kid out on a message board? I still say you're a kid using a message board because you don't have the guts to say it to his face! But whatever "grown up"!

You will have to ask your WR and ball carriers that question. There is NO DOUBT they know who #2 is. And if you weren't suffering from brain freeze you would know too.   :thumb:

#2 is a good player and I saw him acting hurt about the middle of the 2nd quarter and not wanting to tackle anyone. 

Cottrell had 6 carries for 160 yards, The opening Kickoff he ran back, and 2 Receiving TDs. IN which he ran bye #2 3 times for all those TDs minus the KOR.

Yes the THS players were yelling at West players and apparently saying "they scared" as one of their coaches stood their and allowed it! #7 and #33. Didn't go well for them.

Now #2 is a tough hombre and I would take him, but he was not laying the so called "wood" Friday night to anyone.

Foxman this game was played last week. It was over by the 2nd QTR. West demolished them. SD/West this week.

My mistake. I don't have TV and my internet isn't working kindly with me. Okay...so West will handle SD. lol Honestly I just want to see the OR and Rhea game. That I believe is where we will see the championship.