Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West already plays one state champion..it'd be different if, when seeding for the playoffs, who your losses were to effected your seed, but it doesn't. So west continually gets seeded as a 3 or so with 1 loss...to a team that has won like 10 state titles sense 2000...pride aside west might beat Fulton. Fulton might beat west. I don't think either team really wants to play the other and fans don't get to speak for the intentions of the coaches, so who knows

Say what you will about West but Cummings is another story. Cummings has built this program from literally nothing. I remember with a 5-5 team upsetting Cleveland at there place in the first round of the 2003 playoffs. Prior to that win, West hadn't been to the playoffs since 99 and won a playoff game since 94. The following year they finished 7-4. Also, West went to the playoffs and finished 2nd behind Maryville in 06 and 07.

If you want to know what bad coaching is ask guys that played for the guy before Cummings. To give no credit to Scott is ignorant. And to borrow a line from PA why are we talking about the state title game from last year anyway? I believe the opponent is THS and it is the 2014 second round of the playoffs.

Viking fans safe travels and bring extra socks and a jacket - its gonna be a cold one Friday night!

Go West!

Well said WH4L.... I love armchair QB's and coaches! They make it interesting here. Again, not a fan of West High football but even I have to admit that the current staff does a great job over there. The kids are normally undersized but they will get after it! As for Rang, great energy and a good coach but to say that he is what made West turn the corner is absurd. That was put in place well before he arrived. Did he have a hand in it? Sure, but he is definitely not the sole reason!

Let's see boy. Who have you beaten this year? How many 4a teams did you play? How many 4a teams beat you? How many D1 players do you have signed? How many players do you have with D1 offers? How many players do you have with D2 offers? What is your seniors four year record? Has any of your seniors played in the state finals? The semi-finals? How many All-State players do you have returning from last years team?

And I can go on and on. But please enlighten me.

Look here neck... I'm not the one poundin my chest shouting WE ARE THE WORLD, so none of that matters to me. I could probably look it up but really... what does any of that have to do with this Friday night?? Let's say we don't have any of that. We're still playing in the second round of the State playoffs in two days! You can shine all the light you want on your boys... we're still comin to play the game. You ever hear the saying "Any Given Friday Night". If not ask your boys from AC about it. 

And How many 3a teams did you play?

Dude after Maryville you had 2 teams that barely finished over 500, 1 team with 4 wins ALL SEASON, 3 teams with three wins, 1 with only one win for the ENTIRE SEASON, AND ONE WITH A BIG GOOSE EGG!!! Now I'm not John Madden but it don't take Sonny Moore or CoachT to figure out you guys had a weak schedule. The teams you dominated were all door mats!! With the obvious exception of the states crown jewel Maryville only two other teams on your schedule made it to the post season and only one is playing Friday night. I'm thinking I could have rounded up a few kids in the subdivision and made some noise with that schedule. Look... I will admit that everything points to the fact that West is a really good team but trust me, it's not because of your competition. You should at least admit to that to keep yourself from looking like a complete bucket head.