Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Glad to finally meet ya PA, been seeing you around for a long time...I'll letcha in on some knowledge. Actually no, I'll lead you to the answer. What needs to happen at half time? What should coaches do in order to be better prepared for the 2nd half? West WAS prepared for Henry County and I think that they athletically were the better team, but what happened?

NO. I WILL LET YOU IN ON THE OBVIOUS....WEST WAS PREPARED TO RUN....NOT PASS...

I'M SURE THEY HAVE INCORPORATED THAT THIS SEASON.....

Rang was the difference maker in our program. He turned the mentality around on defense. He instilled an attitude of not only stopping your opponent but creating points off TOs. Lane has done a good job of maintaining that philosophy. The defense has scored in 7 straight games. In two of those games, they have scored twice. They have around 11 defensive TDs this season.

Let's not pretend I speak for west fans...I'm just one man. I will say that I do think that there are several coaches on staff who could make great head coaches one day. The DB coach is a stellar coach and a fantastic young man. The DL coach is a great one too.

I'M A GREAT COACH TOO....AN X AND O'S GUY MYSELF.,..HECK I CAN TAKE A FEW TEAMS TO THE FINALS AND WIN THE GOLD BALL.....EVERY TEAM EVALUATES  WHAT THEY COULD HAVE DONE BETTER AND TRY TO IMPROVE.....BUT THESE SIDELINE COACHES WILL THROW THE TEAM AND THE COACH UNDER THE BUS AFTER MAKING IT TO THE FINALS LIKE THEY COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING BETTER...BUT A SECOND CHANCE IS IN THE MAKING....AND ALOT OF TEAMS HAVE IMPROVED....

I agree with you trip. Lane is a good coach as well, I remember back when rang coached. the energy that guy had is unrivaled. Really fun guy to play for. He used to run around the practice field and smack people around and get in your face but it wasn't out of anger it was like "YOU JUST KNOCKED THE SNOT OUTTA THAT GUY!! heck YEAH!!" And then he'd chest bump you lol.

But west should've never gotten behind in the first place. HC was a great team and they made a adjustment at the half and stopped us from doing what we were doing. West had no plan B. The plan B was to keep trying to do plan A frantically with no success. But yes, no hard feelings PA

Edited by Inthestall