Tennessee at Knoxville West

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the AC | TH game. I cannot believe how out of position Anderson County was all night on defense. They over adjusted several times to the strong side and TH just ran ISO with their QB. AC did not set the edge all night. It looked like they never had a film session all week. Really surprising.

The Tennessee kids run hard and look well coached. Not an overly complicated offense but very effective. Should be a good game Friday.

I just watched the AC | TH game. I cannot believe how out of position Anderson County was all night on defense. They over adjusted several times to the strong side and TH just ran ISO with their QB. AC did not set the edge all night. It looked like they never had a film session all week. Really surprising.

The Tennessee kids run hard and look well coached. Not an overly complicated offense but very effective. Should be a good game Friday.

Seems like AC also had a lot of young guys out there as well that may have led to them not being in the right position. Not making excuses for them but M4L basically said they had quite a few starters out and not much depth behind them. He also felt that they were soft up front against the run.

One thing about West they are much better against the run than the pass and rotate guys all game long up front.

Looking forward to this game bc I expect to see West show the same intensity they did the last time they faced a team w a winning record.

Go West!

I'm thinking TN High has a little more fight in them than to allow that to happen. Sounds like they just manhandled a tough, gritty AC team. I wanna pick TN High in the "upset" but I'm gonna hold off my prediction until the chatter picks up on the thread.

Please pick them...every time u have gone against West, with the exception of Maryville, we have won so don't stop now ;).

By the way not trolling but I am curious to know about that bad taste that West left in your mouth? I wonder if its the same feelings I have towards Bearden.

Seems like AC also had a lot of young guys out there as well that may have led to them not being in the right position. Not making excuses for them but M4L basically said they had quite a few starters out and not much depth behind them. He also felt that they were soft up front against the run.

One thing about West they are much better against the run than the pass and rotate guys all game long up front.

Looking forward to this game bc I expect to see West show the same intensity they did the last time they faced a team w a winning record.

Go West!

West defense is better against the run...but we force teams to have to throw the ball, therefore teams throw the ball more than they normally do. I thought they looked pretty good against both facets Friday night! They did have 2 INTs returned for TDs.

So I think sometimes it is misleading because they force people to have to throw and they attack the ball aggressively as well.

Go West!

Yea, this is very true, I saw the misalignment instantly and I am sure the coaches did as well, I doubt that is the way they schemed it, looked more like the kids were out of position, not making excuses, TH beat us, but we did have 6 starter out that start on both sides of the ball, so I think the game was misleading as to what AC had at the beginning of the year to the end, when you have 6 kids injured that play both ways it is obvious that you are not very deep and that is very hard to recover from but sometimes that's just the way it goes.  I think West wins this one by a score of around 35-14

West defense is better against the run...but we force teams to have to throw the ball, therefore teams throw the ball more than they normally do. I thought they looked pretty good against both facets Friday night! They did have 2 INTs returned for TDs.

So I think sometimes it is misleading because they force people to have to throw and they attack the ball aggressively as well.

Yes this past week Wests whole defense looked great...even special teams caused two punt blocks or should I say our one man wrecking crew did!