Class 1A Proposed Football Regions 2015-16

rocketman

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody tell me what I'm missing here...

TSSAA decides to go back with the Region format but changes the regions. Why can't we go back to the same traditional regions? I don't understand the value or reason for changing the regions. After all, it is called "Regions" for a reason.

Enrollment numbers change, and there are more schools. For example, in 2008 Region 1A was Unaka, Hampton, Cloudland, Grace Christian, Cosby, and Jellico. Well fast forward to 2014, 3 of those 6 teams now have 2A enrollment, necessitating a change.

Now as to the whole idea of basically flipping Regions 4 and 5, I haven't the slightest idea why.

Enrollment numbers change, and there are more schools. For example, in 2008 Region 1A was Unaka, Hampton, Cloudland, Grace Christian, Cosby, and Jellico. Well fast forward to 2014, 3 of those 6 teams now have 2A enrollment, necessitating a change.

Now as to the whole idea of basically flipping Regions 4 and 5, I haven't the slightest idea why.

Yeah I can see having to make "slight" adjustments for the reason you mentioned but not wholesale changes like they've proposed.

Leave the 2a teams in the same region with the 1a schools, region 6 had Loretto, Mount Pleasant and Richland mixed in with five 1a schools.

I agree with you Moto. Those folks working for that Childress man must not be able to read a map. You think I am joking, but I am not.

They obviously have packed their pockets so full they dont care about making money anymore. Gates will plummet. I love watching Collinwood play but I cant see making very many games getting off work at 5 getting home 5:45 getting ready by 6 driving two hours to watch half a game. Cant imagine many others who would either. Theres gotta be more to this. I mean the T$$@@ raked in around 3.5 million last year. After Bernie and company cashed in there was still a chunk left. This is very screwy.

They obviously have packed their pockets so full they dont care about making money anymore. Gates will plummet. I love watching Collinwood play but I cant see making very many games getting off work at 5 getting home 5:45 getting ready by 6 driving two hours to watch half a game. Cant imagine many others who would either. Theres gotta be more to this. I mean the T$$@@ raked in around 3.5 million last year. After Bernie and company cashed in there was still a chunk left. This is very screwy.

Will your boy be a freshman next year?

It doesn't help that a new school pops up about every 45 minutes. Mostly new privates. Lets split and get the numbers back down to manageable regions.

If memory serves me correct, there are less than 20 privates playing in all of D1.  That would make your highlighted statement incorrect.  Banishing the privates to D2 would not in any way solve the mess that is this new region and playoff system that will start next year.