Class 1A Proposed Football Regions 2015-16

rocketman

Both teams always had good crowds when playing at both schools. Mt Pleasant used to fill the stands at Huntland. I doubt we will miss your 6 dollars if you choose not to make the trip.

I am glad you feel that way, cause I won't be missing that $40 in fuel cost for the trip to and from....

Those days you speak of are gone... That was during the hype of a group of kids putting up almost perfect seasons and the atmosphere of MP football was it's highest it's been in A Long time.... MP's home games wishes it has the crowds/gate money it use to have in those days let a lone the travel crowd.

Stands are a lot emptier.... Get ready for them to be a little bit fewer there. Unless a #12 suits up or a perfect regular season team comes through again.

Less than 30 kids suited up means you get less than 60 parents in those seats. Add the old hard core MP fans that will spend the cash, you might be just under a 90 on guess-timations.

Best of luck... I'll spend that six at our home games. Safe travels getting here. Glad your billfold can Stand it.

Edited by Big Bigby

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My billfold will always stand supporting the young men that represent our school in all sports.  My boys are no longer playing for Huntland but I support these young men who go through many hardships to play a sport that they have to love to play.  40 dollars in gas and a 6 dollar ticket is a small price to pay to be there for these young men. GO HORNETS I will be happy to drive where ever you play to support you.

My billfold will always stand supporting the young men that represent our school in all sports. My boys are no longer playing for Huntland but I support these young men who go through many hardships to play a sport that they have to love to play. 40 dollars in gas and a 6 dollar ticket is a small price to pay to be there for these young men. GO HORNETS I will be happy to drive where ever you play to support you.

I said it once and I'll say it again.... Glad your billfold can Stand it... Sounds like you got more money than other things... $46 around here in MP can't even pay a half a month's water/sewage fee bill and you think it's a small price? Please come to city square and tell that to the ones at city hall *itching about the rates around here.... We support our teams wisely enough. When you can choose to play a team that's less than an hour down the road for $26 cost or play a team way on down the road for $46 cost?.... The choice is simple... We spend the money to support our kids around here... We just do it wisely.

Good things to teach our kids also in my opinion.

Edited by Big Bigby

Guest hevyrevy1611

Un..bee..leave..uh..BULL! This is TSSAA's bureuacractic, ivory-tower mental gymnastics at its finest. Cost prohibitive drive times. Reduced gate receipts. Region 5 & 7 has eight games amongst each other, with only two non-region? Other with 7 and 3 non-region? Really? So much for common sense logic and thinking of the football fans, families, players, coaches, personal schedules & expenses, etc. Yes, our region 7 will have easiest drive times compared to others, and come playoffs time, any football team in Region 8 has almost zero chance against our Region 7 teams, so we'll see lotsa rematches among our group in this Quad no doubt. But looking at the whole kaboodle, overall I say: UHHGGG!

Edited by hevyrevy1611

My billfold will always stand supporting the young men that represent our school in all sports.  My boys are no longer playing for Huntland but I support these young men who go through many hardships to play a sport that they have to love to play.  40 dollars in gas and a 6 dollar ticket is a small price to pay to be there for these young men. GO HORNETS I will be happy to drive where ever you play to support you.

For you it may be just a drop in the bucket,but for alot of small town folks 40 dollars is a week of gas money to and from work or a couple days grocery money.There are alot of families that let their kids play public sports to have a way of feeling "like the other kids" when in turn these changes are going to limit the support because the money is needed for the families well being,priorities over rule extracurricular activities.They should just leave it alone!IMO.