Columbia Academy

Collinwood

Cornersville

Mount Pleasant

Perry County

Richland

Summertown

Wayne County

*Most within 1 hr. to drive times of each other (REGIONAL)! [WC & CW to C-ville maybe a bit longer times but not by much]

Make it happen please.

Definitely trash what was proposed.

and easy to do you just move moore co and huntland to 3 they are closer to those schools than wc,cw and pc anyway.  travel is bad enough in regular season look at what happens in playoffs mtp could match up in a first round game aginst  sale creek that would be like a 3hr drive in the first round in the semi's if you got  hancock co that's 5hrs plus makes sense to me

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and easy to do you just move moore co and huntland to 3 they are closer to those schools than wc,cw and pc anyway. travel is bad enough in regular season look at what happens in playoffs mtp could match up in a first round game aginst sale creek that would be like a 3hr drive in the first round in the semi's if you got hancock co that's 5hrs plus makes sense to me

Just makes more sense if the school is east of I65 to place them in an east Region.

Fayetteville, Huntland, Moore County, and Cornersville needs to be in Region 3 OR a new Region of their own.

Though I'd be partially inclined to keep Cornersville in our Region just because they've always been in it though it has been the further-est drive for you all; but it is straight down 64.

Edited by Big Bigby

Just makes more sense if the school is east of I65 to place them in an east Region.

Fayetteville, Huntland, Moore County, and Cornersville needs to be in Region 3.

Fayetteville is WAAAAAY to far west to be in Region 3.  Copper Hill is 99 miles and nearly a 3 hr drive from South Pittsburg.  SP would be about half way between those 2 schools. 

Fayetteville is WAAAAAY to far west to be in Region 3. Copper Hill is 99 miles and nearly a 3 hr drive from South Pittsburg. SP would be about half way between those 2 schools.

Looking at the map I can concede to your point. But in my opinion they are too far east, about 70 miles, still an Hour and 45 mins depending on traffic.

I guess they need to make a Region up with the schools in that area between S.P. and I65. I'd look at from I 40 south to Ala. line and from I65 east to Hwy 70 South (a big square on the map) and pull from there to place them all in a new Region together. That should give them no more than an hour drive to each school or close to it in that new Region.

And like catsfan01 pointed out... The drive times for Region 4 to Region 3 playoff time the way they propose is Ridiculous.

Edited by Big Bigby

I completely agree that these Regions need to be scrapped and thrown away. Drive times are brutal.

For MP to drive to Huntland or Moore County is 2 hr drive on the 1st and almost 2 hr on the 2nd.

Went to Huntland one year and after the game stopped and eat after cause we didn't have time to before and it was on into after midnight almost 1am before getting back home..... So it's not only the how long it takes to get there but how long it takes getting back home.

To Wayne Co.(50 mins) or Collinwood (40-45 mins) I got an extra hour to stop and eat before the game or even if I wait and eat after the game I still get home by 11pm. They are closer and more in Our area (Region)!

TSSAA throw away these Regions and start over or you will have A LOT of unhappy, peeved off people at you!

You WILL lose money at the gates because I for one will not make the drives. And I'm Sure I'm not alone.

GB will take your drive times and be tickled.The shortest region game for us will be 2 and half hours away.Non under 140 miles.Region 2 is our rivals for 45 yrs,they are killing High School football!

GB will take your drive times and be tickled.The shortest region game for us will be 2 and half hours away.Non under 140 miles.Region 2 is our rivals for 45 yrs,they are killing High School football!

Good grief... Feel for ya... TSSAA needs to get it together. Your right, they are going to kill HS football.

4 to 5 team districts with winner and runner up making the playoffs would make more since than this madness.  Require a winning record for runner-up teams.  Require 2 or 3 extra 1a games in the regular season out of district.

Edited by rlh

Just remember, all of this came about because so many were screaming like a little school girl about how they hated the Z Plan and that for some reason some coaches and fans could not figure out the qualifying format.  They begged to go back to the way it was and the top four from each region qualifying.  Well, many of you have gotten what you asked for.  Now, all I am hearing about is that people now hate the new regions.  

Be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it.

Guess the Z Plan was not so bad after all.

No one seen a single post from me complaining about the Z plan in threads about it. It has benefited MP big time come playoff positioning and it kept the travel distance/time reasonable between games.

The biggest complaints I always read was people griping about how teams with losing records got into the playoffs....

Putting up with teams in the playoffs with losing records OR putting up with Regions that you have to drive 2-3 hrs to play?.?.?

No brainer..... Keep the travel down to a minimal, beat the snot out of the losing record team and advance next week.

Keep the Z plan for all I care if this is the way the new Regions are going to look....

It's not a done deal or final approval until the 13th; right?.?.?

Just remember, all of this came about because so many were screaming like a little school girl about how they hated the Z Plan and that for some reason some coaches and fans could not figure out the qualifying format.  They begged to go back to the way it was and the top four from each region qualifying.  Well, many of you have gotten what you asked for.  Now, all I am hearing about is that people now hate the new regions.  

Be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it.

Guess the Z Plan was not so bad after all.

The Z-plan was a dumb idea.  They could still do districts as with the z-plan and put together districts as I suggested.   Then it would be top 2 from a district.  In the old A-AA-AAA, there were 8 regions.  Each region had 2 districts. 

Edited by rlh

No one seen a single post from me complaining about the Z plan in threads about it. It has benefited MP big time come playoff positioning and it kept the travel distance/time reasonable between games.

The biggest complaints I always read was people griping about how teams with losing records got into the playoffs....

Putting up with teams in the playoffs with losing records OR putting up with Regions that you have to drive 2-3 hrs to play?.?.?

No brainer..... Keep the travel down to a minimal, beat the snot out of the losing record team and advance next week.

Keep the Z plan for all I care if this is the way the new Regions are going to look....

It's not a done deal or final approval until the 13th; right?.?.?

Unfortunately, the Z Plan will be history after this season.  As far as teams with losing records making the playoffs with the Z Plan, it won't be nearly as bad as what it has the potential to be under the new format.  Next year I know of at least two regions  where it will be possible for ZERO win teams to qualify for the playoffs.  That would have been impossible under the Z Plan.  Except for a couple of rare instances, the Z Plan gave us a much better playoff field than what will be experienced next year, especially since the format is being expanded in 1A and 2A.