Round 2 GCA at Hampton

gcapride

It has nothing to do with the game or loss, it's actually referring to some comments made frim players and other ppl. Every1 loses at some point in life, it's part of it..... Then again it doesn't take alot of common sense regardless of what team or where u come from that programs in football DO NOT build up with talent as quick as private schools do without some sort of extra insensitives along the way...... a program that's only been in football less than 10 years th at came as far as they've became in like wat 8 years is pretty remarkable to say the least especially u know legally.... like u said it's our first loss to grace, no big deal, neither team would've won state anyways. GOLD BALL IS THE PRIZE ISN'T IT?

Did signal mt win a state title in year 2 or 3?

I don't recall.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with the game or loss, it's actually referring to some comments made frim players and other ppl. Every1 loses at some point in life, it's part of it..... Then again it doesn't take alot of common sense regardless of what team or where u come from that programs in football DO NOT build up with talent as quick as private schools do without some sort of extra insensitives along the way...... a program that's only been in football less than 10 years th at came as far as they've became in like wat 8 years is pretty remarkable to say the least especially u know legally.... like u said it's our first loss to grace, no big deal, neither team would've won state anyways. GOLD BALL IS THE PRIZE ISN'T IT?

Geeeeeze....you are taking it hard. Hampton has beaten us 4 times. We lost to McMinn Central, Rockwood and CAK this year. 2 public's and 1 private.  We didn't fuss and whine, we just built on it. Like you say....everyone loses at some point. We could lose next Friday at Oneida.....and if we do In I promise you that we will not make any excuses.

BDF, if you ever quit hating to lose, I won't be your friend. That's what i like about you :)

Well, I haven't posted in probably 2 years. Gotta say how proud I am of the Rams beating Hampton 54-27. Was a great game, especially the first half as neither team could stop each other. Coach McKamey definitely made some adjustments at half as our defense stepped it up the 2nd half and on offense.....the Ram Train could not be stopped. Finally beat the Dawgs after many attempts. My son....who played football with Raven, never got to see the victory playing Hampton but glad it's finally happened. Coach McKamey has now officially beaten every team that has beaten him. Great job Rams......Oneida, here we come.

Glad to have ya, we'll be here.

I don't recall.

I don't recall.

AND NOW THEYRE PLAYING IN THE CLASS THAT THEY SHOULD BE! Now look at the results since then...... dont look like theyve came close to winning one since they was moved. We could've played a better ballgame either way, we got alot of really good athletes and skill players, we would've more than likely lost either way we went. We made ALOT of mistakes but as I sit in the stands and see the size of players that are on the other side I think WOW! Also once again it's not all based on the game, it's the response and comments that were made. WE DO NOT PAY TO GO TO SCHOOL OR PLAY FOOTBALL AT HAMPTON, we also don't have ppl funding our facilities for the visiting team to get dressed in. That's sort of irritating to hear that but no surprise cause we gotta fundraise and share money with other county schools to get what we got..... Like I said grace played with heart, played smart and played hard. It showed! MONEY DOESN'T MAKE RICH FOOTBALL TRADITION IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS! PLAYERS WE CALL BROTHERS AND SMALL TOWN POOR FOLKS LIKE US MAKE REALLY TRUE TRADITIONAL PROGRAMS!!!!

Pujo, LJ ran hard...Hope he feels better tomorrow

Seems to be fine,he's a competitor and left it all on the field, ole Coby played his tail off. We got beat by a stronger team and it'll probably always stay that way, Its money and structure against kids who don't know how to work. Played well in the 1st half, but those last 3 minutes doomed us. Then again ,we just couldn't stop their offence all night. The better team won. What the heck.

AND NOW THEYRE PLAYING IN THE CLASS THAT THEY SHOULD BE! Now look at the results since then...... dont look like theyve came close to winning one since they was moved. We could've played a better ballgame either way, we got alot of really good athletes and skill players, we would've more than likely lost either way we went. We made ALOT of mistakes but as I sit in the stands and see the size of players that are on the other side I think WOW! Also once again it's not all based on the game, it's the response and comments that were made. WE DO NOT PAY TO GO TO SCHOOL OR PLAY FOOTBALL AT HAMPTON, we also don't have ppl funding our facilities for the visiting team to get dressed in. That's sort of irritating to hear that but no surprise cause we gotta fundraise and share money with other county schools to get what we got..... Like I said grace played with heart, played smart and played hard. It showed! MONEY DOESN'T MAKE RICH FOOTBALL TRADITION IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS! PLAYERS WE CALL BROTHERS AND SMALL TOWN POOR FOLKS LIKE US MAKE REALLY TRUE TRADITIONAL PROGRAMS!!!!

Just a thought about this comment. Signal did do a great job in getting there program up and running. They benefited huge when they built the school and was able to pull the athletes from Red bank up the mountain with a open zone. They also played in 2A at a time in which 2A wasn't as dominate with Alcoa.  Signal also refused to play Alcoa the next year and decided to jump 2 classes and play in 4A because there coach said there is no way we can beat a team like alcoa we are better off playing up and trying our luck with bigger schools. Alcoa is way to good.