RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

Trying to carve out some time to watch your game from Friday night.  My son was already telling about the WR that catches anything thrown close to him.  Sounds like the Thompson kid at CA.

Trying to carve out some time to watch your game from Friday night.  My son was already telling about the WR that catches anything thrown close to him.  Sounds like the Thompson kid at CA.

thats pretty high praise for whoever ur talking about

I don't see WC getting pushed around up front like ca did. If WC has one thing going for them it's their toughness and they're going to be coming every play!

Just watched the Gordonsville/WC game. Nobody is going to push WC #70 around. He's a beast on both sides of the ball.

Gordonsville's pass coverage was abysmal. You have to hit those tight ends and wings coming off the line to break up their rhythm and timing. I did see some pre-snap tells given off by a few WC players indicating pass or run. Those things start to emerge late in the season.

Just watched the Gordonsville/WC game. Nobody is going to push WC #70 around. He's a beast on both sides of the ball.

Gordonsville's pass coverage was abysmal. You have to hit those tight ends and wings coming off the line to break up their rhythm and timing. I did see some pre-snap tells given off by a few WC players indicating pass or run. Those things start to emerge late in the season.

Do you have a kid playing?

I'll join in on this topic, been quite a few years since I have commented on here.

I played for Coach Rice his first year back at WCHS way back in 2006. Anybody remember Marco Dailey from Mt.Pleasant?

Unbelievable talent. But I have followed this Wayne Co team very closely this season and will be making the drive up to watch what should be a great game. I can say this the players for our team are very confident due to the fact they have seen them already this season, yes I know it was a jamboree but still it was a game. We are completely healthy again,Finally! Go Cats and don't sleep on lil Rice he can sling the rock if we need him too.

I'll join in on this topic, been quite a few years since I have commented on here.

I played for Coach Rice his first year back at WCHS way back in 2006. Anybody remember Marco Dailey from Mt.Pleasant?

Unbelievable talent. But I have followed this Wayne Co team very closely this season and will be making the drive up to watch what should be a great game. I can say this the players for our team are very confident due to the fact they have seen them already this season, yes I know it was a jamboree but still it was a game. We are completely healthy again,Finally! Go Cats and don't sleep on lil Rice he can sling the rock if we need him too.

I stated this on another thread. The thing that worries me the most about this WC team is the young Rice kid. Coach's boys at QB are always dangerous. They typically don't make those mistakes (throwing into coverage, etc) that you see most QBs make. He's very smart for a sophomore. He's seen older brothers do this and has been coached from the crib how to run an offense. It's going to be a very good battle between him and our defense. If we don't get pressure on him, it will be a long night.

We still have key players out and will be out for the remainder the season. I wish we had those guys back, but the rest have stepped up.

The line will be put to the test this week. NCS has some big guys on the line and they like to blitz. Although, we will be running the option and our guys hit it pretty quick. So I believe we can pick 5-6 yards when their LBs blitz.

Our LBs must have a good game. The secondary had a few hick ups towards the end last Friday, but the coaches will have that fixed. As for the d-line, they just need to do what they do.

Edited by wildcatalumni