1-8

5-6

4-6

0-10

2-8

1-9

8-3

8-3

You beat 2 team with a winning record,  and I havn't and am not going to add up there opponents wins but by looking at the blowouts, east nashville probably didn't play anyone either.  Clarksville Academy most deff didn't play anyone (that they beat, until Huntland)  Let me be clear, I am not saying NCS is bad, I am saying that you have played a JV schedule and it is likely 2nd and 3rd string has been in most 3rd and 4th quarters.  Therefore, it makes since a lot of players have scored.  

Obviously, my way of looking at this does not say you (or Clarksville Academy) have a bad team, It just shows that you have not really been tested.  

NCS schedule was just as bad last year and it didn't really matter, and I suspect the same this year. 

I see your point, however, I'm not sure any of our opponents (as bad as they were) ever pulled their starters.  Seems like they all had one goal in common - "score on NCS even if we have to do it with our starters in against their freshmen."  So even when our 100-pound freshman QB scored, he did it against the other teams starters.

And don't forget, CA South got the number one seed in the Quad because they had one more team on their schedule above .500 (3 opponents) than we did (2 opponents).

Edited by NCSdad1962

I see your point, however, I'm not sure any of our opponents (as bad as they were) ever pulled their starters.  Seems like they all had one goal in common - "score on NCS even if we have to do it with our starters in against their freshmen."  So even when our 100-pound freshman QB scored, he did it against the other teams starters.

And don't forget, CA South got the number one seed in the Quad because they had one more team on their schedule above .500 (3 opponents) than we did (2 opponents).

As I said, it doesn't really matter just a stat.  I think, I'd have to look, but S-CA didn't play many 0 and 1 win teams.  

8-3

6-4

1-9

1-9

5-6

3-7

9-2

2-8

3-8

1-9

^^see that, THATS a schedule LOL

If the counting I just did in my head is correct:

S-CA  opponents 40 wins

NCS  opponents 35 wins

NOW, to make me feel like I didn't just completely hijack this thread, WCHS lost to CA, who has beat opponents that have more wins than NCS opponents, therefore; WCHS is the favorite :P

Edited by Monkey Wrench

As I said, it doesn't really matter just a stat.  I think, I'd have to look, but S-CA didn't play many 0 and 1 win teams.  

8-3

6-4

1-9

1-9

5-6

3-7

9-2

2-8

3-8

1-9

^^see that, THATS a schedule LOL

If the counting I just did in my head is correct:

S-CA  opponents 40 wins

NCS  opponents 35 wins

NOW, to make me feel like I didn't just completely hijack this thread, WCHS lost to CA, who has beat opponents that have more wins than NCS opponents, therefore; WCHS is the favorite :P

forget the past....... i like u now B)

I'm glad it ain't played on a computer! I'm going to throw this out there too, if you have 16 different players scoring tds and two or more d1 prospects on a 1a team, something ain't right! And the privates wonder why everybody complains

I just checked the stats - it's only 14 guys that have scored TDs.  So it's not that impressive after all  ;) .

Seriously though, this team is a lot like last year's team.  We have 3 backs that have shared the load (74, 59, and 43 carries - with one game where stats weren't compiled).  And the QB has 59 carries - some of those I'm sure are scrambles when the pocket collapsed.  We have 7 guys with 300+ all-purpose yards.  The "hurt" can come from a lot of different places.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I just checked the stats - it's only 14 guys that have scored TDs. So it's not that impressive after all ;) .

Seriously though, this team is a lot like last year's team. We have 3 backs that have shared the load (74, 59, and 43 carries - with one game where stats weren't compiled). And the QB has 59 carries - some of those I'm sure are scrambles when the pocket collapsed. We have 7 guys with 300+ all-purpose yards. The "hurt" can come from a lot of different places.

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful but some things just don't add up.

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful but some things just don't add up.

I know you weren't.  And I completely understand the public/private argument - don't have an answer to it though.  I just know for us, this school has been a huge turning point in my son's life - on the field, in the classroom, and in life.  He was laughed at at his previous school when he told the football coaches he wanted to try placekicking.

I know you weren't. And I completely understand the public/private argument - don't have an answer to it though. I just know for us, this school has been a huge turning point in my son's life - on the field, in the classroom, and in life. He was laughed at at his previous school when he told the football coaches he wanted to try placekicking.

They weren't much coaches then! At WC if you want to play football all you gotta do is show up at the fieldhouse for the first practice! Edited by wildcat89