RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

How is WC's depth, in spite of the injuries you all have talked about? The depth of NCS, especially in the run game, has been a key to their success. Putting in a fresh RB every few series, all of which have the ability to score on any carry, is hard to match up with in 1A.

This is the playoffs so I don't expect it to be any cakewalk for NCS. Both teams are very famillar with post season play and the intensity needed, but I do believe that depth will be a factor and NCS will win by double digits. I will add my score prediction later in the week.

How is WC's depth, in spite of the injuries you all have talked about? The depth of NCS, especially in the run game, has been a key to their success. Putting in a fresh RB every few series, all of which have the ability to score on any carry, is hard to match up with in 1A.

This is the playoffs so I don't expect it to be any cakewalk for NCS. Both teams are very famillar with post season play and the intensity needed, but I do believe that depth will be a factor and NCS will win by double digits. I will add my score prediction later in the week.

WC is lacking in depth do to injuries. And it will be a factor, I'm afraid might hurt us in the end. Edited by wildcatalumni

I like that score simply because WC will control the clock. If NCS gets up by a couple of scores it will be difficult to come back. WC must match the Eagles score for score to have to chance in the 4th quarter. That's how I see it. Depth is an issue.

Depth is probably more of an issue than most realize. We only have a couple of guys going both ways. As the competition gets tougher (the rest of the way out) a few more may be asked to do that but we actually have enough depth that very few will be tired in the 4th.

Including the playoff game, WC has given up 26 or more 5 times. That would be saying the NCS is around average compared to the teams WC has played. Maybe that's the case. Again, I just don't see it.

What do you think WC will score?

You can't go on what WC has given up due to the fact that Rice has had the jv in late and given up several scores. WC starters have pitched four shutouts this year before the dogs get called off. I think this game will be close until the end, either team is capable if winning this game and don't expect WC to wear down too much, coach Rice is a master on conditioning. Like with most 1a schools your best players usually play both ways so he prepares them well for it. I hope ncs is ready for the toughness WC is about to bring!

Depth is probably more of an issue than most realize. We only have a couple of guys going both ways. As the competition gets tougher (the rest of the way out) a few more may be asked to do that but we actually have enough depth that very few will be tired in the 4th.

Agree. I think I saw the stat that we have had 16 different players score for us this year. Which is kind of amazing when you think that a few of the teams we have played only had a few more eligible players than that.

Agree. I think I saw the stat that we have had 16 different players score for us this year. Which is kind of amazing when you think that a few of the teams we have played only had a few more eligible players than that.

wow...thats alot of different players........anybody know wc's stats on that....on another note thats prob why so many scored it was garbage time

no disrepect meant thats still a cool stat

Edited by wboro33

Its really not impressive, actually.  

Your opponents records 

4-7

1-9

1-8

5-6

4-6

0-10

2-8

1-9

8-3

8-3

You beat 2 team with a winning record,  and I havn't and am not going to add up there opponents wins but by looking at the blowouts, east nashville probably didn't play anyone either.  Clarksville Academy most deff didn't play anyone (that they beat, until Huntland)  Let me be clear, I am not saying NCS is bad, I am saying that you have played a JV schedule and it is likely 2nd and 3rd string has been in most 3rd and 4th quarters.  Therefore, it makes since a lot of players have scored.  

Obviously, my way of looking at this does not say you (or Clarksville Academy) have a bad team, It just shows that you have not really been tested.  

NCS schedule was just as bad last year and it didn't really matter, and I suspect the same this year. 

Edited by Monkey Wrench