Catholic @ Fulton

QSouth89

Matthews statement about a catch here or a block here and its a different ballgame had me scratching my head wondering which game he was referring too...

At his previous school he was 10-11 I guess he thinks he's a big deal because he played in the NFL but I'll take Robbie Black as my head coach every day and twice on Fridays!

Webb just need to lower their tuition and they can get some of these players that are going to Catholic....

All High Schools recruit well all high schools steal players from AE... Hahaha there are a lot of players that supposed to be at AE that are at Carter, West, Fulton, South Doyle, Farragut, Stem etc..... So I wouldn't necessarily say Catholic is the only one that recruits... Not saying those schools that I named all recruit but there's a lot of out of zoned kids that goes to those schools. That's why the AE program been going down lately.

"Longtime Fulton Ballboy"?????? That kid maybe wasn't a "longtime Fulton Ballboy" maybe just his 8th grade year. A lot of kids play in the Fulton Youth Program because they are WINNING.. But most of those kids go to their zone schools unless they can get into Fulton. So the kid you are refereeing to, parents didn't want him at Fulton. That has nothing to do with Catholic showing their money...

My cousin played at Catholic (when they won a state title) and til this day he saying his parents are still paying Catholic so NO SCHOLARSHIPS are being offered like you all are saying..

Edited by Turtle

What a shame West and Fulton have not played these past two years. Would have been legendary games.

VERY true statement, would have been interesting to watch. You can thank your head coach for that one. Cheated the fans of a good game from neighboring schools to go counties and counties away to replace them. Makes tons of sense!

I don't know it is the Rankin effect. I think it is more about 2 players transferring from Webb to Catholic. Webb will really be down next year. They have low numbers right now and are losing 8 seniors with a huge junior class of 2.

I have heard some rumblings (not from great sources though) but to the effect it's about some players finding their way over to KCHS. I don't think it had to do with where the program is talent wise. Just passing on some street talk FWIW.