chattanoooga central...year in review

fishheadspin

The search committee that was put together last year doesn't need to be recalled. It was quite evident early on that Mallory was in over his head. Summer was spent primarily on the defense, hence why the offense struggled. It was obvious that our most athletic player were on the defensive side of the football. It would have been awesome to see them play two ways. Say what you will about depth, but how many teams are still playing with kids that play both ways and even special teams? The thing that is most disgusting is we are back to square one if this is true. It is unfair to the kids who are constantly fed political jargon about how they love them and this is where they want to be! Central will remain mediocre in football with the constant hiring of "one and dones". Yet we wonder why we continuously lose our zoned athletes to Ooltewah or to the private route?

Well what I heard ,the way the offense and defense was put together this year was Mallory picked his offense first and what was left was put on defense ...all yall get on here saying should have done this should have done that....there hasnt been one coach in twenty years that yall havent liked...so why dont yall pick the next one..one of yall said Carter would be a great head coach in football....that is funny as heck, how many district titles has he won in baseball playing the likes of tyner, brainerd , howard , and east ridge.....let me say not many...how many kids has he helped go to the next level, NONE..You say Brazwell wouldnt be a good hire that tells me you have no clue of what you talk about...what we are gonna have to do is hire a coach and let him pick his staff ....Rogers dont have a clue, Bloodsaw was given a position because of a lawsuit, anyway be proud of the boys making the playoffs with all the turmoil the past two years cause its gonna be a long time from now before they are there again....mallory should haveused one of his hires on an offensive cordinator to go with a pretty good d cordinator....GOODLUCK IN THE FUTURE POUNDERS

Well the season is over and we had a winning season. Went to the playoffs for the second straight year and actually won some home games for a change. Yet we still gripe and moan. This ream considering what they have been trough with did well. It is hard to hire a coaching staff when u have no teaching positions at the school open. I think u will see a couple of different coaches on the staff next season and u probably see they will be on the teaching staff at the school. A couple of coaches were added to the staff because they wanted to help out the best they could because they could not get answers from some they asked first when they were at the school to see if they wanted to coach that had football backgrounds..

Also 58 hit it right, Coach Bloodsaw was added on that staff because of a lawsuit and took Coach Cook's  teaching position. To be truthful with u guys Coach Carter was just going to Coach Baseball this year but because the other faculty members they asked to help would not give a answer , then he volunteered to come back and help.  He really wanted to be with his son that was born this year. Thus he became a football assistant this year. Coach Powell came on board and did a good job with receivers.

Sixteen  seniors years finished the year on this team . These kids are winners and should be congratulated. The kids improved as the season went along. Sure I would have liked to have seen them win every game. We did not . Some mistakes by players and coaches.

I guess I speak thru purple glasses but I think a foundation has been laid for this team and I believe this coaching situation is stabilizing. Remember that number 65 and 72 were moved from the offensive side of ball to shore up some defensive injuries and  one as a 9th grader and a junior did pretty well when they could have  remained starting on the offensive line. We loose a lot on the D but we have enough there coming back to build around.  Now the offense has at least 8 starters coming back. Plus u will have Swafford and Witcher coming back from injuries and who knows 65 and 72 may move back to the offensive line. 65 would have been your starting center and only a 9th grader. So yes I see optimism for the next year. Have to replace some important people on the D. But, it can be done. No coaching change has taken place.

By the way I think 58's son may have played on the team this year so he may know more then any of us.

I am sorry if this goes against some of you but I think this is getting unreal after what these kids have accomplished. Lets see what happens next football season. Anyway Go Pounders. By the way wait to you see the all district team. 

Edited by Pounder1

Well the season is over and we had a winning season. Went to the playoffs for the second straight year and actually won some home games for a change. Yet we still gripe and moan. This ream considering what they have been trough with did well. It is hard to hire a coaching staff when u have no teaching positions at the school open. I think u will see a couple of different coaches on the staff next season and u probably see they will be on the teaching staff at the school. A couple of coaches were added to the staff because they wanted to help out the best they could because they could not get answers from some they asked first when they were at the school to see if they wanted to coach that had football backgrounds..

Also 58 hit it right, Coach Bloodsaw was added on that staff because of a lawsuit and took Coach Cook's teaching position. To be truthful with u guys Coach Carter was just going to Coach Baseball this year but because the other faculty members they asked to help would not give a answer , then he volunteered to come back and help. He really wanted to be with his son that was born this year. Thus he became a football assistant this year. Coach Powell came on board and did a good job with receivers.

Sixteen seniors years finished the year on this team . These kids are winners and should be congratulated. The kids improved as the season went along. Sure I would have liked to have seen them win every game. We did not . Some mistakes by players and coaches.

I guess I speak thru purple glasses but I think a foundation has been laid for this team and I believe this coaching situation is stabilizing. Remember that number 65 and 72 were moved from the offensive side of ball to shore up some defensive injuries and one as a 9th grader and a junior did pretty well when they could have remained starting on the offensive line. We loose a lot on the D but we have enough there coming back to build around. Now the offense has at least 8 starters coming back. Plus u will have Swafford and Witcher coming back from injuries and who knows 65 and 72 may move back to the offensive line. 65 would have been your starting center and only a 9th grader. So yes I see optimism for the next year. Have to replace some important people on the D. But, it can be done. No coaching change has taken place.

By the way I think 58's son may have played on the team this year so he may know more then any of us.

I am sorry if this goes against some of you but I think this is getting unreal after what these kids have accomplished. Lets see what happens next football season. Anyway Go Pounders. By the way wait to you see the all district team.

Heard that Mallory was out also on sport talk. Did not hear about Bloodsaw on there. If he is named coach then there will be few people that will support the program. Have no confidence if true. That means his lawsuit against the Board scared them and got the job by scare tactics. Kills any momentum that they had built.