DISTRICT 3AAA 2014-15 PREDICTIONS.

CarolinaCrazy

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Powell, Gibbs, OR, and Halls in the Tue games and will take Halls, Powell, AC, and Karns in the Friday games.

C'mon SS, u picked against CC both games, and they won them both. Plus I told you Gibbs would take care of Clinton and Powell. Halls is only dangerous if their hitting 28 footers. I'll take my chance letting them shoot out there every night.

Who are the surprises and disappointments so far this year?? For me I would say AC and Gibbs as the surprises and Powell somewhat of a disappointment.

yes I'd say you guys go undefeated. I David early on that we were all playing for second place. Were all pretty close 2-9.

As for surprises and disappointments?

AC for sure in the surprise. Wallace has done a good job with the team. His out of conference was a way to teach them how to win again and they should be proud.

Gibbs? I'm personally not surprised. I said early on this thread they'd be the most improved team in district. They could finish second, but yes that would be a surprise.

CC ? About right were I thought. If they finish higher than 4th, they'd be a surprise. If they finish strong on their home stand they could finish 2nd or 3rd. That'd be a surprise.

Powell? Might be a little of a disappointment, but they are being hit really hard with injuries. Not just injuries, but key injuries, if they finish higher than 4th their lucky.

Karns? About right what I thought, along with Clinton.

To me, central is the biggest disappointment. Halls I'd close, but I thought central was going to turn the corner this year, in Higgins 4th season, 3 wins at this point is not where they should be.

Halls started the season off with players on suspension and just don't seem to have gelled. Players jawing each other, coach with son as player can be rough. Plus coaching both the girls and boys all these years could be taking its mental toll.

Edited by CarolinaCrazy

Gibbs at AC Friday is a big game. Both have already defeated Powell. CC defeated Gibbs and AC.

Yes Chill, with two wins over AC and a win at Gibbs, CC should really pulling for AC Friday night. It's prolly going to come down to a lot of tie breakers and wins over those upper teams should help CC if it came to that. CC can't slip up vs central or halls late in season, as I don't see Gibbs or AC or even karns, losing to either of those two. The loss at Clinton on a last second three may end up being a thorn in cc's side.

yes I'd say you guys go undefeated. I David early on that we were all playing for second place. Were all pretty close 2-9.

As for surprises and disappointments?

AC for sure in the surprise. Wallace has done a good job with the team. His out of conference was a way to teach them how to win again and they should be proud.

Gibbs? I'm personally not surprised. I said early on this thread they'd be the most improved team in district. They could finish second, but yes that would be a surprise.

CC ? About right were I thought. If they finish higher than 4th, they'd be a surprise. If they finish strong on their home stand they could finish 2nd or 3rd. That'd be a surprise.

Powell? Might be a little of a disappointment, but they are being hit really hard with injuries. Not just injuries, but key injuries, plus their nowhere as well coached as the ogan teams. If they finish higher than 4th their lucky.

Karns? About right what I thought, along with Clinton.

To me, central is the biggest disappointment. Halls I'd close, but I thought central was going to turn the corner this year, in Higgins 4th season, 3 wins at this point is not where they should be.

Halls started the season off with players on suspension and just don't seem to have gelled. Players jawing each other, coach with son as player can be rough. Plus coaching both the girls and boys all these years could be taking its mental toll.

Have to disagree with ya about Coaching quality at Powell, like you said currently hit very hard with injuries, got beat in overtime at Gibbs Thursday with only one of last years letterman on the floor and he's a junior. Don't get me wrong, I was a big Organ fan but Barnes is doing a fine job.

I finally made it to another Campbell County game.AC at CC.First off I could'nt believe how big the crowd was.Great job fans from both teams coming to support those kids.The last time I seen CC play I really liked the Phillips kid and I seen that he got to start this game and he did a nice job again.Plays hard,agressive and stong around the basket.And the other freshmen gave some good minutes.Another kid I came off the bench and gave them some help.I think they called his name McGuire someone said he is a sophmore.Reese kid plays so hard definsively and really makes who ever he is guarding have a rough time.The Pebley kid played a good game.He made some shots when they really needed them and seemed to rebound the ball well.He played well last time I got to watch the Cougars.Trey is strong and got a few shots to go but AC did a good job most of the time keeping him out of the lane.Gillenwater had his share but was'nt hitting like he can.But he was playing pretty good defense.I really enjoyed getting to watch the Cougars play again.I hope I can make it to some more with all the home games coming up.

I finally made it to another Campbell County game.AC at CC.First off I could'nt believe how big the crowd was.Great job fans from both teams coming to support those kids.The last time I seen CC play I really liked the Phillips kid and I seen that he got to start this game and he did a nice job again.Plays hard,agressive and stong around the basket.And the other freshmen gave some good minutes.Another kid I came off the bench and gave them some help.I think they called his name McGuire someone said he is a sophmore.Reese kid plays so hard definsively and really makes who ever he is guarding have a rough time.The Pebley kid played a good game.He made some shots when they really needed them and seemed to rebound the ball well.He played well last time I got to watch the Cougars.Trey is strong and got a few shots to go but AC did a good job most of the time keeping him out of the lane.Gillenwater had his share but was'nt hitting like he can.But he was playing pretty good defense.I really enjoyed getting to watch the Cougars play again.I hope I can make it to some more with all the home games coming up.

Yes CCproud, the crowds are still good at CC. The coaches and players have done a good job getting people to games. The kid your talking about is Jacob McGuire, sophomore, just returned from broken wrist. CC plays a bunch of freshman and sophomores. I was told they don't have a junior on the team. So after Toress and Gillenwater graduate, I think their in pretty good shape for 3-4 years. Not OR shape, but enough to compete with anyone. They will prolly have two 6-5" sophomores starting next year. That huge in our district, along with the jackson kid, Reese and the talented 8th graders coming up. I look for the berry kid from Lafollette to see a lot of minutes next year as a freshman at point guard.

I also like the ceremony before the game recognizing Torres for joining the 1000 point club for his career. It was a big week for him, also being named first team all state in football. I heard Gillenwater is very close to the 1000 point too. Rare to have 2 guys join club in same season.

Have to disagree with ya about Coaching quality at Powell, like you said currently hit very hard with injuries, got beat in overtime at Gibbs Thursday with only one of last years letterman on the floor and he's a junior. Don't get me wrong, I was a big Organ fan but Barnes is doing a fine job.

Gary Barnes is a great coach the Panther faithful need to give him time. He's replacing a Powell staple in Ogan so the human nature aspect is to compare the two, and that shouldn't be the case. Powell lost some really talented players off last years team and take into the account the injuries they have this year and I feel Coach Barnes is doing better then expected. They are still 5-4 in the district and Gary will not make excuses, he will continue to make his players better.