Let's talk about CPA

LCFootballFanatic

You too, we are not all bad people like everyone thinks. I hope the best team wins, play fair and no one gets hurt.

Westmoreland will play fair. Their coach will not allow any dirty play. Don't worry about that. Hope your team is the same way. They don't have a good repetition from several post that I've read. Lol I guess I'll have a opinion of that after Fridays game. I hope the refs call a fair game on Friday. Hope you keep warm

I have to admit I am basing my info in hearsay, so I may be wrong. However, it was my understanding that a couple of District 10 schools made threats about boycotting games if CPA wasn't moved. I do know for a fact that CPA liked the relationships they had with the admin and coaches of PC, Stratford, and Maplewood and I believe the feeling was mutual. And let's face it - why would CPA want to move. They were winning in D10 and it involved far less travel.

Tell you one thing it wasn't Pearl-Cohn cause we still scrimmage them every year since they left 10AA.

I'm sorry if any Westmoreland fans felt we didn't treat them well. This biggest complaint I heard was about our guest band playing while Westmoreland was on offense. They were our guests. We didn't tell them when to play, but I will say all of the bands in or former Conf played while offenses had the ball.

If there were other complaints I certainly hope we do better this time.

1 Houston Nichols - cpa since kindergarten LB, RB Sr. 6-0 200

2 Zack Weatherly - cpa since kindergarten QB, DB Jr. 6-2 3 Sr. 5-11 170

4 Mac Keck - cpa since kindergarten TE, LB Sr. 5-11 190 DB Jr. 5-11 170 7 J.R. Osborn - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB, K Sr. 5-11 175

9 Price Perdue cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Jr. 6-3 170

10 William Whitaker - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Sr.

12 Jay Hockaday - cpa since freshman year QB, LB Sr. 6-3 215

17 John Orr cpa since kindergarten QB, LB Jr. 6-2 195

21 Jacob Webster cpa since 7th grade RB, LB Jr.

24 Cole Smith RB, LB Jr. cpa since kindergarten

25 Wallace Barrett - cpa since kindergarten RB, DB Jr. 6-1 185

45 Chip Omer - cpa since kindergarten RB, LB Jr. 5-11 180

56 Peyton Kemp cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Jr. 6-1 200

66 Parker Howell cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Sr. 6-5 275 6

72 Rooke Young - since 9th grade OL, DL So.

76 Sam Johnson - since 9th grade OL, DL Sr. 6-2 240

88 Joseph Richard - since 7th grade WR, DB Jr. 6-2 195

CPA starters offense and defense - 12 players since kindergarten, 2 7th grade, and 2 freshman. I hardly call that recruiting. This is the starters only, several other kids on the roster since Kindergarten. This may not be 100% exact but pretty darn close. I know all kindergarten starts are correct though.

I stand corrected. My apology. Guess I have a bad taste for private schools because of our own Junio High Coach sending his son to Ensworth, then he claims on the radio he is on track with the coach...... My apology...... Waverly could had finished 10-0 had we had the 6-6 250+lbs lineman that Ensworth has. Once again my apology.....

1 Houston Nichols - cpa since kindergarten LB, RB Sr. 6-0 200

2 Zack Weatherly - cpa since kindergarten QB, DB Jr. 6-2 3 Sr. 5-11 170

4 Mac Keck - cpa since kindergarten TE, LB Sr. 5-11 190 DB Jr. 5-11 170 7 J.R. Osborn - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB, K Sr. 5-11 175

9 Price Perdue cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Jr. 6-3 170

10 William Whitaker - cpa since kindergarten WR, DB Sr.

12 Jay Hockaday - cpa since freshman year QB, LB Sr. 6-3 215

17 John Orr cpa since kindergarten QB, LB Jr. 6-2 195

21 Jacob Webster cpa since 7th grade RB, LB Jr.

24 Cole Smith RB, LB Jr. cpa since kindergarten

25 Wallace Barrett - cpa since kindergarten RB, DB Jr. 6-1 185

45 Chip Omer - cpa since kindergarten RB, LB Jr. 5-11 180

56 Peyton Kemp cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Jr. 6-1 200

66 Parker Howell cpa since kindergarten OL, DL Sr. 6-5 275 6

72 Rooke Young - since 9th grade OL, DL So.

76 Sam Johnson - since 9th grade OL, DL Sr. 6-2 240

88 Joseph Richard - since 7th grade WR, DB Jr. 6-2 195

CPA starters offense and defense - 12 players since kindergarten, 2 7th grade, and 2 freshman. I hardly call that recruiting. This is the starters only, several other kids on the roster since Kindergarten. This may not be 100% exact but pretty darn close. I know all kindergarten starts are correct though.

Edited by jett, 2 hours ago.

Maybe the information about recruiting is wrong. Can you please post this information about the basketball players?

Maybe the information about recruiting is wrong. Can you please post this information about the basketball players?

Basketball is a different story which is where the problem started and why the other CPA programs suffer - guilt by association.  Since around 2009, 7 high profile basketball players have transferred into CPA, the majority of them coming in the 8th grade when financial aid is not under the same rules.  Over the years, 5 basketball student-athletes have specific stories related to some form of improper recruiting or financial aid from what I consider credible sources.  These sources are not "haters" but either insiders and/or those who actually support CPA, but it does not mean they are going to be dishonest.  Nothing can be done until those people and everyone associated are willing to get involved and be totally upfront and honest.   Yet, the way the current system is structured there is too much to lose to get involved.

You won't get that type of information from the current, typical coachT CPA poster, but in the spirit of a fair, balanced and objective report this is a big reason why the CPA reputation and testimony has suffered greatly over the years and why anyone who posts like this (especially me) is not proven wrong with the facts (because they can't), but simply attacked. 

Edited by kbrks

Basketball is a different story which is where the problem started and why the other CPA programs suffer - guilt by association.  Since around 2009, 7 high profile basketball players have transferred into CPA, the majority of them coming in the 8th grade when financial aid is not under the same rules.  Over the years, 5 basketball student-athletes have specific stories related to some form of improper recruiting or financial aid from what I consider credible sources.  These sources are not "haters" but either insiders and/or those who actually support CPA, but it does not mean they are going to be dishonest.  Nothing can be done until those people and everyone associated are willing to get involved and be totally upfront and honest.   Yet, the way the current system is structured there is too much to lose to get involved.

You won't get that type of information from the current, typical coachT CPA poster, but in the spirit of a fair, balanced and objective report this is a big reason why the CPA reputation and testimony has suffered greatly over the years and why anyone who posts like this (especially me) is not proven wrong with the facts (because they can't), but simply attacked. 

If you have reliable sources and know the facts, then simply turn them in to the TSSAA and let them do their job.  If not, then your really have nothing to post here.  I do believe CPA's basketball players come in MS, although there are 4-5 that have been there since Kindergarten.  I also believe CPA has an advantage with the fact basketball AAU is such a high exposure sport and all players, coaches, etc know Drew and it gives CPA an opportunity for exposure.  I don't however believe CPA cheats, or unfairly recruites outside of what TSSAA allows.  If they do, I am sure one day they will get caught.  Otherwise, I think this post by CPA Chaingang lays it out perfectly.  See below.

Basketball is a bit of a different animal but OK, here is how you do it…. Hire a head coach that was a standout SEC guard, who lives and breathes basketball and the development of boys into great players and even more importantly, great young men. Hire a coach that has such a charisma that he is often hired to do college basketball play-by-play on TV and college basketball talk shows. Hire a coach that demands hard work from his team and is willing to travel with them to play preseason tournaments against some of the nation’s finest competition. Hire a coach that is so committed to his family that he is willing to stay a high school coach so he can watch his five children, two of which are adopted grow up. Watch as your coach’s reputation spreads throughout the country regarding his coaching talent and character and then sit back and watch as parents are so attracted to him that they choose to uproot house and home so their son who loves the game of basketball can play for a man like Coach Maddox. It is pretty much that simple. CPA has achieved the same thing for football in Ingle Martin. You can choose to hate CPA or learn from them. Make great hires of great men.

Edited by CPAchaingang, A day ago.