3a region 4 2015

Looks like most teams have a good nucleus to work from. York returns more than I thought. DC, UHS seem to have some quality players returning to build on. SC, well I don"t know. If you get beat by CC it really leaves a sour taste on your mouth. All, and backups, in the backfield will be back except the QB. He will be replaced by an athlete. He is the nephew of assistant coaches, Brian and Brett Hackett. He will be a soph and can run and throw. Was a starter on defense last year as a frosh. All but one receiver will be back, DB's will be in good shape expecially with the transfer. LB's will all return. I guess like most teams, quality linemen are at a premium. We will be in decent shape there but with the movement of some starters in other positions to move to linemen to get experience might be in the tea leaves. Signs of a decent team are there and who knows, we might surprise some people next year, might even beat CC. Good luck to all teams and hope all are able to keep teams together during the rest of the year and summer.

York was a very young team for the most part last year. The big difference I see from last year is im not sure they have that big physical runner or runners like they had last year. But with that being said going into last year I didn't think that had a big physical runner and ended up with two. I'm defiantly ready for them to have spring practice im ready for some football

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York was a very young team for the most part last year. The big difference I see from last year is im not sure they have that big physical runner or runners like they had last year. But with that being said going into last year I didn't think that had a big physical runner and ended up with two. I'm defiantly ready for them to have spring practice im ready for some football

Hambone thinks in Coach Wright's offensive scheme you really only have to have one bruiser in the backfield, that being the fullback. The TB or WB can be gritty and the mesh will develop.

Looks like most teams have a good nucleus to work from. York returns more than I thought. DC, UHS seem to have some quality players returning to build on. SC, well I don"t know. If you get beat by CC it really leaves a sour taste on your mouth. All, and backups, in the backfield will be back except the QB. He will be replaced by an athlete. He is the nephew of assistant coaches, Brian and Brett Hackett. He will be a soph and can run and throw. Was a starter on defense last year as a frosh. All but one receiver will be back, DB's will be in good shape expecially with the transfer. LB's will all return. I guess like most teams, quality linemen are at a premium. We will be in decent shape there but with the movement of some starters in other positions to move to linemen to get experience might be in the tea leaves. Signs of a decent team are there and who knows, we might surprise some people next year, might even beat CC. Good luck to all teams and hope all are able to keep teams together during the rest of the year and summer.

Hambone has trouble figuring this team out.

will York have speed? With all the spread offenses, speed is now more important than ever.

will York have speed? With all the spread offenses, speed is now more important than ever.

Hambone says you don't need blazing speed to run the wing T. Need a QB that has good reaction skills, a raging bull FB and two running backs with good vision and can cut off the block of the pulling guard. Must be able to cut upfield very quick and get one on one with the safety. WT is not a break away offense depending on speed. It is Nebraska type football with physical blocking and deception. With Coach Wright, you  can cover the whole team with a blanket. Zero line splits, backs very close to the line of scrimmage, trying to get the block and read for the FB. If the defense can't stop the FB, game over!!!!!  For spread offenses , yes you need speed.

Hambone says you don't need blazing speed to run the wing T. Need a QB that has good reaction skills, a raging bull FB and two running backs with good vision and can cut off the block of the pulling guard. Must be able to cut upfield very quick and get one on one with the safety. WT is not a break away offense depending on speed. It is Nebraska type football with physical blocking and deception. With Coach Wright, you can cover the whole team with a blanket. Zero line splits, backs very close to the line of scrimmage, trying to get the block and read for the FB. If the defense can't stop the FB, game over!!!!! For spread offenses , yes you need speed.

I was reffering to speed on defense. WingT's'can be deadly when ran to perfection, but they dont score huge amounts quickly. These last two teams to run the ditrict without a loss was LA with Linder and Uh with York. Both had tramendous speed in wide open offense. Teams that grind it out didnt have a chance to just run the ball consistantly being way behind early. Team speed on defense to match up with these spread offenses is a must in this day and age. Depth is also a bigger issue. Hard to play iron man football verse offense that run 60 plus plays a game. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I was reffering to speed on defense. WingT's'can be deadly when ran to perfection, but they dont score huge amounts quickly. These last two teams to run the ditrict without a loss was LA with Linder and Uh with York. Both had tramendous speed in wide open offense. Teams that grind it out didnt have a chance to just run the ball consistantly being way behind early. Team speed on defense to match up with these spread offenses is a must in this day and age. Depth is also a bigger issue. Hard to play iron man football verse offense that run 60 plus plays a game.

I disagree if the wing t is ran correctly your high power offense is in the side line. YAI had several 8 and 9 min drives last season. Speed on defense should be better than in years past I think. But that's from the outside looking in.

I disagree if the wing t is ran correctly your high power offense is in the side line. YAI had several 8 and 9 min drives last season. Speed on defense should be better than in years past I think. But that's from the outside looking in.

i agree wingt can keep an oposing offense off the field. But, in this day and age with rules as they are....more and more spread offenses and they are doing well. You get teams Putting up 40-50ppg is hard to keep up running a wingt. That is unless you are very quick on defense and can force some three and outs. 4-5 recveiver offense require lots of speed on defense to be able to cover the field sideline to sideline.

YI wont have anymore speed than an other team in the region. If you have 4-5 players who run a 4.6 or under your doing great in this region. Realistically though, the majority of teams in 3a-4 probably only have 2-3 players with that kind of legit speed any given year. I doubt DC had any last season to be honest.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN