3a region 4 2015

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DC had 803 at the last realignment for football. Nearly was over the limit. Sequatchie 691. Upperman 740. Grundy 708. Cannon 618. York 612. Smith 599.

725 for Seq, largest ever. Not enough to make a difference in the current set up but it could if they are system/classification adjustments again. 200 freshmen. Middle school, 5-8, also has 725 roughly.

Keeping scores close  aren't you Hoss? I Know very little about Seq. or Whitwell. I was expecting much more out of York. YorkDaddy is going to have to fill us in on what occurred. I think DC will beat Stone. I look for a larger point spread between SC and G'ville. I hope the kid with the broken thumb can cast up and play. On the opening play we lost our center, ankle, and did not return. Questionable for this week. This time last year we already had more than 1/2 our starters injured. Good luck to all teams and try to keep injuries down. 

Sequatchie has a very good run defense but I can see passing teams giving them trouble. The 2 LB's for Sequatchie are studs. Whitwell is 2TE and run it down your throat bringing back three 1,000 yrd rushers. With SC struggles on offense and Whitwell playing to SC strength, I see another game like SC had with SPitt. 13-7 either way. 

Yorks offenses moved the ball well like you'd expect. Then would shoot themself in the foot. Defensively they looked terrible.

York was not ready.  New coaching staff and lots of younger guys still learning, but still that's not enough to justify the loss they took.  If I'm not mistaken there were 2 coaches sending in 2 different plays on D and that caused confusion and thus the D was terrible!  When a kid would lay a good hard hit, he was fussed on by the coaching staff.  Its football!!! In my day, when a kid laid the wood to somebody, you told him good job and do it again, not get in kids face and tell him he "hit too hard"!  That's facts!  I was on the sideline and seen and heard it!   I've also personally talked to a few players and each has told me the same thing, too much goofing off at practice.  Hopefully the kids will get tired of taking a beating and find some heart and pride to play with.  The coaching staff needs to get on the same page.  If they don't want the kids to hit then send them over to another sport and let them coach there.  Time to dig a little deeper for the entire program on the mountain.  Lots of potential and talent, just have to figure out how to get it out of them and execute on the field. 

York was not ready. New coaching staff and lots of younger guys still learning, but still that's not enough to justify the loss they took. If I'm not mistaken there were 2 coaches sending in 2 different plays on D and that caused confusion and thus the D was terrible! When a kid would lay a good hard hit, he was fussed on by the coaching staff. Its football!!! In my day, when a kid laid the wood to somebody, you told him good job and do it again, not get in kids face and tell him he "hit too hard"! That's facts! I was on the sideline and seen and heard it! I've also personally talked to a few players and each has told me the same thing, too much goofing off at practice. Hopefully the kids will get tired of taking a beating and find some heart and pride to play with. The coaching staff needs to get on the same page. If they don't want the kids to hit then send them over to another sport and let them coach there. Time to dig a little deeper for the entire program on the mountain. Lots of potential and talent, just have to figure out how to get it out of them and execute on the field.

I am very interested in the hitting to hard. I went to the JV game to watch a friends son. I ask him about it and he said he was on the sideline as well. He said he saw a coach fuss on a younger player for a cheap shot in a kick off return. The coaches were having a good time tonight with the kids when they made a big hit. Not sure if that's the same play you were talking about. I'm glad they are teaching them to play hard and not dirty.

I am very interested in the hitting to hard. I went to the JV game to watch a friends son. I ask him about it and he said he was on the sideline as well. He said he saw a coach fuss on a younger player for a cheap shot in a kick off return. The coaches were having a good time tonight with the kids when they made a big hit. Not sure if that's the same play you were talking about. I'm glad they are teaching them to play hard and not dirty.

Didn't see it as a cheap shot and no flags were thrown. I know what heard and seen. Coach may have meant "cheap shot" but said "hit too hard". Regardless, there are more issues than that one example. Most of those kids know already know how to not play dirty, they've been taught that since pee wee's. Trust me, that kid knew the difference and had it been a "cheap shot" it would have been called. Hopefully they can turn it around this week.

Didn't see it as a cheap shot and no flags were thrown. I know what heard and seen. Coach may have meant "cheap shot" but said "hit too hard". Regardless, there are more issues than that one example. Most of those kids know already know how to not play dirty, they've been taught that since pee wee's. Trust me, that kid knew the difference and had it been a "cheap shot" it would have been called. Hopefully they can turn it around this week.

I agree! They have a good group of talent and a good staff. I think they bounce back this week with a big win. I hope they get the defense fixed

Didn't say they didn't score.  34-6.  It only counts if you score.  If CHS didn't ruff the passer on INT, if CHS didn't drop two wide open passes.  If If If.  

Again, hats off to UHS.  Hope they have a good season.  

On to LA.

Cookeville will end up 5 -5 or 4-6 depends on the Coffee County game. La will be  the best chance to beat them rather than White and Stone, they should start out 4-0, before the Boro starts calling..