Wayne County Wildcats (2015 Edition)

wildcatalumni

I left out that according to our new schedule, we still play y'all as a non region game so y'all get these cupcakes again next year! And on another note, WC beat Avilles first two 2a playoff opponents!

Yeah I knew about that, but it's one of the "Kings of those Cupcakes"... let's keep it straight here. :D

Definitely glad we didn't lose y'all guys. Always have been one of my favorite games to watch win or lose. I like coming to WC. Being a country boy here in Maury, I'm sure you understand from that point on.....

outside MTP and ca, which CA's run is about over, you gotta admit it's pretty weak as a whole. I wasn't singling out one or two teams.

Not always though. Old Region 6 has always presented a team or two that has made deep runs into the post season....And because of you WC guys a Championship to boot. That didn't happen because you all played a weak Region... Just because we've been split. .. Don't start hatin now.

We've got 2 in the 3rd round now even as weak as you think it is.... And I agree.... I've seen old Region 6 a lot stronger.

Edited by Big Bigby

Not always though. Old Region 6 has always presented a team or two that has made deep runs into the post season....And because of you WC guys a Championship to boot. That didn't happen because you all played a weak Region... Just because we've been split. .. Don't start hatin now.

We've got 2 in the 3rd round now even as weak as you think it is.... And I agree.... I've seen old Region 6 a lot stronger.

Im not hatin! I'm proud for two of our own to still be hanging in there!

I wouldn't pull for ca if MTP was playing them, or anybody else for that matter! We're going to have a fundraiser to buy you a new sweater vest!

Dang... Now you got me confused... which don't happen too much.... So you are proud they are in but you won't pull for them?.?.?

Trust me when I Say I had my mTp shirt on and my MP cap on when I attended the last CA game (some asked me if I was scouting for MP against WC). So if you do just have MP embroidered on it or don't waste your time!

Where you been, that monkey from ca done been calling us out, your just the one he needs to chat with!

Only thing I have "called you out on" is me stating the obvious.  Your coaches don't seem to coach the fundamentals, and by fundamentals I mean fumbling.  It's not calling you out, its fact.  It has always been an issue at WCHS from the time I have played to now.  It's the reason you lost to CA, and although you don't wont to admit it, It MAY have been the reason you lost to NCS.  You guys go down on that 1st (or 2nd, whatever it was) drive and score that is a whole different ball game. If I recall you guys fumbled it several times during long drives.  

I have no issue with WCHS, I never have.  you guys have always been my favorite wayne county school!  But if you want to talk about 2015, than I think coaching up the hands of the skill players should be top priority. 

Edited by Monkey Wrench

Last year's fumbling problem doesn't have anything to do with coaching or personnel. Monkey is right, turnovers are often an issue for WC, but that is true of most high school football teams. 

Fumbling is THE major drawback to running a veer/option offense at any level.  All you can do is try to minimize the exchange issues, but they'll never completely go away in an offense predicated on multiple kids instantly making the same decision every single play.

WC puts up with the turnover "issue" because we've averaged over 8 wins a year for the last 22 years running the offense.

Edited by 1RT

I'm not sure if it was a coaching issue, a chemistry problem, or something else. I know I never saw a defensive caused fumble. It was always at the snap or handoff. To my understanding, it WAS worked on every day at practice.

I do think the defense had a little to do with some of the fumbles this past Friday night. Not a hand on the ball, but a feeling that everything needed to be rushed to be successful. The same thing can be said for many areas of the WC offense that night. Passes were hurried and well off target. QB almost ran out of his shoes and fell a few times when he looked to have room to run. 

I will say most of this occurred after the first quarter. I went to the game the week prior and watched the QB work when he had little pressure. He was in no particular hurry and had no reason to press and ended the game with 5 TD's.

I would think WC would not have as much of a fumbling issue as compared to most teams that run a similar offense, which they may not, I don't know the numbers. Many fumbles tend to occur on the toss and I only saw the QB do that 1 time in two games, and that was when the Gville game was out of reach.

Pressure definitely causes mistakes which leads to turnovers. I watched WC run about 40 plays in warm ups and never once put it on the ground.