Wayne County Wildcats (2015 Edition)

wildcatalumni

Your probably right about the dominance thing, but WC was extremely consistent in the old region. WC placed 1st or 2nd in the region 14 times over the last 22 years (since the region was created in 1993), and only finished lower than 4th place twice.

Mt. Pleasant and Collinwood have been pretty consistent as well, but both programs had a run of years where they did dominate the region sandwiched between more so-so results. 

WC placed 1 or 2 in 1993, 94, 95, 97, 98, 03, 04, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, and 14. So we've sort of got everyone's best shot for the last 20+ years, whether it was Moore County, Collinwood, Mt. Pleasant, Perry County, Loretto or CA. Sometimes we got knocked down by it...but still, pretty impressive overall.

I hope we're as successful in the new region.

Edited by 1RT

Your probably right about the dominance thing, but WC was extremely consistent in the old region. WC placed 1st or 2nd in the region 14 times over the last 22 years (since the region was created in 1993), and only finished lower than 4th place twice.

Mt. Pleasant and Collinwood have been pretty consistent as well, but both programs had a run of years where they did dominate the region sandwiched between more so-so results.

WC placed 1 or 2 in 1993, 94, 95, 97, 98, 03, 04, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, and 14. So we've sort of got everyone's best shot for the last 20+ years, whether it was Moore County, Collinwood, Mt. Pleasant, Perry County, Loretto or CA. Sometimes we got knocked down by it...but still, pretty impressive overall.

I hope we're as successful in the new region.

I think WC's success will carry over to the new region, WC coaches have taught mental toughness and to play physical every play for many years now and it carries over from one class to the next!

I believe Preston will be at least 2-3 inches taller by KO aug 21st. If so, keep him in the pocket, find three or four boys that can run crisp routes and let him sling the ball all over the field. Put this on top of WC backs returning...will be hard to stop. And maybe get away from the read option...it just manufactures fumbles.

I believe Preston will be at least 2-3 inches taller by KO aug 21st. If so, keep him in the pocket, find three or four boys that can run crisp routes and let him sling the ball all over the field. Put this on top of WC backs returning...will be hard to stop. And maybe get away from the read option...it just manufactures fumbles.

I agree that it creates fumbles but it also helped us win a gold ball!

dont get away from the veer but balance it out...almost every team college and pro strives for a balanced attack. wc averaged about 10 pass attempts per game .i think that hurt us when we had to throw alot against ncs...

Edited by wboro33

I would like to see the rushing stats for the last 10 years in the state championship games, I'll bet the team with the most rushing yards won the majority if not all.

ill agree just like fl vs tn over the years most rushing yards wins almost every game.i just think against a good d u cant be one sided. run to open the pass or pass to open the run it works both ways ......wc run at will all year untill they faced a good run d then the pass couldnt help them for various reasons imo

ill agree just like fl vs tn over the years most rushing yards wins almost every game.i just think against a good d u cant be one sided. run to open the pass or pass to open the run it works both ways ......wc run at will all year untill they faced a good run d then the pass couldnt help them for various reasons imo

I totally agree, you gotta be balanced. If you can't run you can't pass and vice versa. But you know as well as I do that the only time all year long that we had all out players healthy and on the field at the same time was the jamboree against ncs and we ran all over them but the pass was there also. Makes me sick knowing WC had to go play them with three senior starters out and one junior starter out and one senior practically playing on one leg! This team I truely beleive would be going to UC Friday had they stayed healthy and nobody will ever make me think different!

I totally agree, you gotta be balanced. If you can't run you can't pass and vice versa. But you know as well as I do that the only time all year long that we had all out players healthy and on the field at the same time was the jamboree against ncs and we ran all over them but the pass was there also. Makes me sick knowing WC had to go play them with three senior starters out and one junior starter out and one senior practically playing on one leg! This team I truely beleive would be going to UC Friday had they stayed healthy and nobody will ever make me think different!

yep we will never know what couldve been..it couldve been special thats for sure..but thats football those boys fought through it all year and had a very respectable  year.nothing to hang their head about at all.that  was some fine young men dressed in black and gold thats for sure!!!!!!

There will be kids that put in that extra work between now and next year that will surprise us all, there always is. I'm looking for a better year next year, I know they got several to replace but that's every year. WC will be tough as usual! If I could give any parent out there with a kid on the team or coming up from junior high it's get to work now, get on the weights and get running! Don't wait for scheduled practices and workouts, get started yourselves, we have!

This is funny.