Obion County in NWTN.

ToBeHonest

I do not expect a current head coach, unless their program is not one that wins, will interview for this position. I see potential, but too many variables to leave a school with "W's". I do think you could see names from GIbson Co. HC, he is an alumni, if I'm not mistaken and a few other locals who have coached/ played at OC. In my opinion, you shouldn't go in with that type of mind set. You should want a person who will bring a winning attitude. "You play to win the game ". -Herm Edwards

I do not expect a current head coach, unless their program is not one that wins, will interview for this position. I see potential, but too many variables to leave a school with "W's". I do think you could see names from GIbson Co. HC, he is an alumni, if I'm not mistaken and a few other locals who have coached/ played at OC. In my opinion, you shouldn't go in with that type of mind set. You should want a person who will bring a winning attitude. "You play to win the game ". -Herm Edwards

Amen...it's easier to turn a good coach into a hometown guy than the hometown guy to a good coach.

The Gibson Co. HC will NOT be applying for this job. "Straight From the Source"

• Upvote 2

The Dyersburg coach in question is not the head guy, but an assistant. Truth be told, I dont know who would want to go OC, hard to win many games in their classification with the players they have. Kendall and Cruce arent great options in my opinion. Dyer Co. didnt make playoffs this year and Cruce was supposed to turn GC around and that has yet to happen. Not suprised by OC wanting an "OC guy", alway had the impression that they wanted to take care of their own, even at the expense of being good.  

It all comes back to the amount of talent on the field however. 

You are right in that the middle school program has changed for the better. And that is what it takes to accelerate your program. The middles schools are playing teams other than just the other schools in the county. Which raises the level of competition. But at some point it comes down to Jimmy's and Jo's. Not X's and O's. Especially as we draw closer to championship games. Take a 4a qtr final game. Crockett vs Trezevant. Do you think Coach Ward is a better or worse x and o coach than Coach White at Trezevant? I would say that they are fairly even on knowledge of the game. But Trezevant won the game. They were the team that made the least fatal mistakes or played the more whole game on Friday night. It doesn't hurt that they have pretty good personnel as well. When I look at obion, I don't see te personnel that Crockett county has and certainly not the personnel that Trezevant has.

Obion's best personnel in the past few years were recruited players that WERE NOT from obion county. Obion has won 7 games in 3 years without those type players. That's 2.3 wins per year. Most talent goes to UC. They have 2 gold balls in the past 5 years. Likely to add another this year. That makes it hard to lure athletes.