State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

Right. Monterey kept shooting themselves in the foot. It had nothing to do with the fact that Coalfield was better. You all judge Coalfield on the fact that everyone said last year was their year. Do any of you actually have any know about that team? No, so please shut up

Great post...we heard all week how physical this team was...it was completely the opposite...no offense towards monterey, but they were out manned from the onset...and they were not physical at all...they had a great year, but no where near the threat people said they would be...

Great post...we heard all week how physical this team was...it was completely the opposite...no offense towards monterey, but they were out manned from the onset...and they were not physical at all...they had a great year, but no where near the threat people said they would be...

Thank you. Everyone judges this year's team on the fact that last year's team had a ton of hype. We'll last year's team didn't have parker Mckinney and they didn't have the beast known as addison bible

Thank you. Everyone judges this year's team on the fact that last year's team had a ton of hype. We'll last year's team didn't have parker Mckinney and they didn't have the beast known as addison bible

Last years team probably wins a state title with a healthy Addison Bible. They had a ton of hype but ran the wrong offense at the beginning of the year and were big headed.

Last years team probably wins a state title with a healthy Addison Bible. They had a ton of hype but ran the wrong offense at the beginning of the year and were big headed.

I have been a Bible fan since his younger years, but last year winning a state title? That's living a pipe dream I'm afraid. Jacket34, I have always been a fan of your boy. I know you remember this from the past several years. I thought Coalfield was the team to beat in the east last season and then they were dominated in the semifinal game. As for this season? The best team won on Friday. As I said all week, Monterey was in a weak sister quadrant (SP) included.

I have been a Bible fan since his younger years, but last year winning a state title? That's living a pipe dream I'm afraid. Jacket34, I have always been a fan of your boy. I know you remember this from the past several years. I thought Coalfield was the team to beat in the east last season and then they were dominated in the semifinal game. As for this season? The best team won on Friday. As I said all week, Monterey was in a weak sister quadrant (SP) included.

Didn't know that a 21 win was dominating especially when it was a two score game in the 4th with coalfield having a chance to cut it to 7. Now Mitchell ran wherever he wanted to that night and coalfield never stopped him but it was still a competitive game until about 5 minutes left. I really believe Bible would have made a difference in that if he would've been able to play.

You have always been a fan and supportive of him...we appreciate that...he has put his heart and soul into this team for 5 years...it's good to see his last game is going to be in the grand daddy of them all...

Didn't know that a 21 win was dominating especially when it was a two score game in the 4th with coalfield having a chance to cut it to 7. Now Mitchell ran wherever he wanted to that night and coalfield never stopped him but it was still a competitive game until about 5 minutes left. I really believe Bible would have made a difference in that if he would've been able to play.

Maybe so... But staying close with SP and beating UC is a completely different game

A healthy Lankford would have made a difference as well. SP had about 5 unforced fumbles. Coalfield easily could have been down 35 at the half of that game.