State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

I know some season ticket holders who use their tickets and go to the games, but just don't sit in their reserved seats.  I have two on the top row that are used every home game, but rarely does anyone actually sit in the seats (unless it rains).  The ones who use those top row tickets usually sit next to me because other seats next to me are empty.  You can't just assume that the folks with those tickets aren't there.

Where's everyone at ? Did they all go to the bathroom at the same time. 2m2dldt.jpg

Barney,

This year I paid 30$ for my season ticket, That is down 10$ from the previous year. That tells me the school is desperate to sell season tickets because that 30$ gets you into all the home varsity,JV,and freshman games. That's a real bargain. And it's easy to see why that is when you go to a WB home game and can pretty much sit where you want and not have to worry about getting there early. Now I don't know how much maryville's season tickets are but i'm guessing that they cost alot more than 30$. So atleast maryville is making money. So why worry about a few empty seats? It's more room for you.

I'll let you know if I make it over to the games. We have a lot of friends going this year as Nashville has a lot of representation, like east tn.

Would love to see all the games esp - cpa - Alcoa - hillsboro- west and Fulton -T . And of course the 6a game.

I had to jump off the d2 thread . I have no idea who these guys are shooting off at the mouth. The last 2 I have not run across before . Always the same ole same ole.

Good luck to you guys ..i hope ravenwood makes it competitive. I would much rather watch a great defensive game when play calling is at a premium versus a track meet. Thought the game last week was one of the best I have seen all year.

Barn , Barn , Barn ... After complaining about our Crowds and putting Pics about it ?

I'll let you know if I make it over to the games. We have a lot of friends going this year as Nashville has a lot of representation, like east tn.

Would love to see all the games esp - cpa - Alcoa - hillsboro- west and Fulton -T . And of course the 6a game.

I had to jump off the d2 thread . I have no idea who these guys are shooting off at the mouth. The last 2 I have not run across before . Always the same ole same ole.

Good luck to you guys ..i hope ravenwood makes it competitive. I would much rather watch a great defensive game when play calling is at a premium versus a track meet. Thought the game last week was one of the best I have seen all year.

Sounds great BigDog ! Ya I just need to walk away sometimes too . I really do just wish we could go to about 4 classes , and include all teams together . There's just way too many Gold Balls being handed out now . Those Gold Balls are even better when you know your team had to overcome huge odds and a lot of adversity . 

Reality check Barn...not all folks are on your level!  I'm especially prone to absences if RW87 is not bringing touchdown cookies or brownies that night, MHS82 has run out of BlowPops, Mr. 200 has gone fishin and is not there to help lead the "woo", Rebels5Star and the PaintMan want to go out to eat, my daughter is hanging out with Red Rebels' daughter...etc., etc.  Yes, I'll admit that this year has been different for me.  My son has given up the pigskin after too many broken bones and a body obviously built for academics, not athletics (well, maybe a little baseball).  However, I did get to spend a week at the beach with him that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.  And yes, I did miss 2 games because of it.  Yes, another game was missed because I was out of town on business.  And, I'm sure there was one in there where my wife wanted to go eat or shop, or I simply didn't feel like going.  Will it happen again next year?  Probably.  Will I still buy my 4 season tickets next year?  Definitely.  Will I be the only one who sits in them while my kids are in the student section and my wife gets the house ready for 20+ teenagers to come over after almost every home game?  No doubt.  Do I love the Rebels (and fans like you)?  Absolutely!!

Edited by rebulldawg

Reality check Barn...not all folks are on your level!  I'm especially prone to absences if RW87 is not bringing touchdown cookies or brownies that night, MHS82 has run out of BlowPops, Mr. 200 has gone fishin and is not there to help lead the "woo", Rebels5Star and the PaintMan want to go out to eat, my daughter is hanging out with Red Rebels' daughter...etc., etc.  Yes, I'll admit that this year has been different for me.  My son has given up the pigskin after too many broken bones and a body obviously built for academics, not athletics (well, maybe a little baseball).  However, I did get to spend a week at the beach with him that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.  And yes, I did miss 2 games because of it.  Yes, another game was missed because I was out of town on business.  And, I'm sure there was one in there where my wife wanted to go eat or shop, or I simply didn't feel like going.  Will it happen again next year?  Probably.  Will I still buy my 4 season tickets next year?  Definitely.  Will I be the only one who sits in them while my kids are in the student section and my wife gets the house ready for 20+ teenagers to come over after almost every home game?  No doubt.  Do I love the Rebels (and fans like you)?  Absolutely!!

I have two tickets and there are sometimes when my girlfriend couldn't make it and I would always take that extra ticket and wait till I saw a kid in line and give them that ticket so they could have some extra spending money. That was always worth the price of that ticket to surprise someone like that. I understand when a second party that you have the ticket for has a pull that keeps you from going or they don't come with you and it's really out of your hands. I guess it was last year when I heard a kid on the team say something about how disappointing it was to turn around and look at empty stands every home game and couldn't understand why the fans wouldn't come out and support them. That was when it got my attention and the other thing is how long is it before your coach realizes the people here either don't care anymore or they all take this for granted. You don't know what you have until you lose it is my biggest worry and that's why I keep beating this drum because good things do eventually come to an end.