Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

Gee, thanks for LETTING us back in the game last year! We appreciate it. Now let me ask, did your team just simply lay down to let us back in or was there point shaving involved? Either way that's a pretty condemning statement against your team and coaching staff. How exactly did that work?

Not necessarily we let you back in; we had a good lead and thought it was in the bag so they didnt play as hard. This year that wont happen we will play 4 quarters like you can tell we have done all season. You can tell by the scores; we get a good leadd but never let up. This was a something we had to learn from our game with NCS last year; no lead is safe. I will bet by any chance we get up big again like last year we wont let up.

Its all about when you take the first team out of the game. I thought you would have known that. Maybe they were getting ready for NCS, the first teamers will be playing the whole game

That was the case in the last game against LC. We have had a problem all season getting our starters full game experience. Other than that game we have pulled our starting offense early but we played our defense a little longer. We couldnt just let the starters play half games all season and then when the playoffs came around they would be unprepared for full games. Don't worry guys, there will be some years when UC is not the top dog and then you can repay the favor. Honestly most of the teams we played just could not compete. I know I have been begging for competition all season. Looks like we will get some this  come next Friday. What happens when you pull the starters and your JV still scores? And prevents the opposing team from scoring? There is no answer for that.

Don't you like it when people cry about running the score up. Then they say you should have taken the starters out sooner.Most starters are jr and sr on a team.They have waited 2 or 3 years for their opportunity to play. And they deserves to play most of the game. If you can't stop them from scoring take your ball and go home.

Edited by horse

Off topic of the drama going on here, I think I'll take y'all up on those lodging/dining recommendations. Not planning on making 2 different 3 hour trips Friday. Also is there anything interesting in UC worth visiting on Saturday? Might as well make the most of a long trip!

Got to check out Discovery Park of America; its unlike anything you will ever see around these parts. Be sure to get there early cause it does take pretty much the whole day to go through.

Discovery Park of America, look it up on google. Very impressive! Good to spend Saturday there if you stay overnight, you will not be disappointed.

Dining: several Mexican restaurants (Don Sol, Los Portales, Patio Grill) Chinese ( Oye Chinese buffet, Yamato's Japanese grill) Kinda fancy (Sassafras) chains (Wendys, Mcd's, pizza hut, hardees, arby's, etc.) all within 1-2 miles of the field.

Lodging - several hotels/motels

Dont forget we do have a Applebees too

I wish I could be at this game but I'm hoping my good buddy BigSwo will keep me updated while I'm enjoying thanksgiving with my family down in florida.

I can't think of a better place to be if you have to miss the game.  Sorry we won't get to say "hi" again this year.  Before you leave, tell those Tornadoes to take it easy on us.