State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

Refs didn't win this game for MC just like they didn't lose it for GCA. They were not what I expected for a State Semi-Final game. If that's the best that association has, let's BOTH be glad they don't call our regular season games. Imagine how bad their bottom tier crew is, wow! They called it equally bad on both sides, from what I saw. I'm definitely not calling foul that the refs beat us. We beat ourselves, and MC had a lot to do with that in the 2nd half.

Agree...both ways officiating was terrible...some of the worst I've seen all year. Hope you guys had safe travels.

The refs were horrible the entire game, they had no clue. Should have had a touchback for each team, we called a timeout and grace got a penalty out of it and the clock kept running after they set the ball. They have been bad the last two games

The clock keeper was the same guy as last week.  He had problems last week, too.

The 3 turnovers in the first half killed us. Grace took advantage of those and scored. Their defense played better than I thought they would. It's not always about Blake's yards though. Teams scheme to stop him and that opens up the sweeps. Grace got us on a few passes but we shut the run down except for one play that a lb missed. I believe we just wore them down in the 2nd. Those big boys were gassed. I read an article that midway through the 4th we had run 34 offensive plays to Grace's 6. The refs were atrocious to say the least. We had 2 motion penalties because the side judge wouldn't let our WR line up. He mad him stay in tight and motioned when he could come outside.

I was standing right there when he did that.  During a break I asked him why...he just said that's the way it's supposed to be. 

The first time, the WR came off the bench and lined up outside the #'s (MC didn't huddle). He made him go inside the #'s until the play was signaled ready to play by the white hat. Then he motioned that he could move outside the #'s, MC snapped it quickly and had 2 guys in motion. That one was the correct call to send him inside the #'s b/c he came off the bench. The 2nd time he did the same thing to the WR, but the WR came out of the huddle (he had already reported inside the #'s, and the play clock was running). The WR could have went all the way to the sideline, but the line judge had no clue what he was doing. You guys got hosed on the 2nd one. The first one was correct. Doesn't change the fact that the guy was bad.

On Grace's last drive we call TO on 3rd and 3. They have a false start. Back them up 5 yds and they start the clock. They run 30 more seconds off and get another false start. Back it up 5 more and start the clock again. You could have actually run the clock out taking penalties. We were out of timeouts.

that's what I was saying last night.

give this mess a break, it once was the Beock factor, now this mess. The Only Factor here was the youngons feuding like the winners they are!

You sir with all do respect, are the only idiot on here that can't give a coach credit. Both teams and other teams that we play can see it. I know you have the orange blinders on, but it is obvious that without the second half adjustments that Marion isn't in that position to win in the last seconds. Yes the kids got the win, but when you have 34 yrds at the half and dominate the second half I think it has a little to do with coaching as well.