Hey DB, you have to play them next year.....

blazer1set

DB will still have a good regular season record.

Hope so because NET teams don't get a lot of respect, but I gotta tell you I just don't know about having to play basically all 6A schools, DB and the Hill are not used to doing something like that.... half of their wins each season come against much smaller 5A local schools where the game is usually over in the 1st or 2nd quarter.      Always enjoy seeing Maryville play though so it will be nice to not have to drive down there, assuming they are coming up here to Tri-cities at least once next year

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so because NET teams don't get a lot of respect, but I gotta tell you I just don't know about having to play basically all 6A schools, DB and the Hill are not used to doing something like that.... half of their wins each season come against much smaller 5A local schools where the game is usually over in the 1st or 2nd quarter. Always enjoy seeing Maryville play though so it will be nice to not have to drive down there, assuming they are coming up here to Tri-cities at least once next year

There is not much difference between 5A/6A... In fact 5A might be a little better than 6A overall in East Tn. Of course DB will lose to maryville but they can beat anyone else they will play. In fact go ahead and put WB, Jeff Co, and Bearden as wins...

There is not much difference between 5A/6A... In fact 5A might be a little better than 6A overall in East Tn. Of course DB will lose to maryville but they can beat anyone else they will play. In fact go ahead and put WB, Jeff Co, and Bearden as wins...

91 - that may be true in your part of the state but you just have no idea how lame our local 5A teams are against DB and the Hill.      Good luck to the Govs next year

91 - that may be true in your part of the state but you just have no idea how lame our local 5A teams are against DB and the Hill. Good luck to the Govs next year

Trust me.... I have been reading DB's threads all year and I can promise you that everything DB fans have been complaining about is on steroids here. Our defense is porous and we have very talented skill players and were able to consistently move the ball up and down the field on every team we played except maryville and hardin valley. But we are extremely undisciplined and have an uncanny ability to turn the ball over at the goal line. If we get inside the 20 it's only a matter of time before we turn the ball over. If you look at our 3 wins this year, they are all close. But those 3 wins would have been blowouts had we not turned the ball over in the redzone a million times. The fact is WB is a poorly coached and undisciplined team and won't improve until changes are made. If we go into next year with the same staff we had this year it will be a disaster. I would even go as far as saying Dobyns Bennett will fans will consider themselves blessed after seeing how poorly coached and undisciplined our team is. Edited by Governors91

The more you win , the more they hate ... and they come up with new and more creative ways to make you look bad even when you win .... THEY just don't realize how all that does is fuel the Fire even that much more . 

I look forward to Playing DB & Science Hill guys .... but you guys know that your haters will still hate no matter what , they will then say , ya but you don't play the Private schools ... or you don't fly to California and play their best team !! LOL 

Believe me we will enjoy playing teams with such a great fan base , and also fans that show Class . Look forward to seeing you guys next year . 

The more you win , the more they hate ... and they come up with new and more creative ways to make you look bad even when you win .... THEY just don't realize how all that does is fuel the Fire even that much more . 

I look forward to Playing DB & Science Hill guys .... but you guys know that your haters will still hate no matter what , they will then say , ya but you don't play the Private schools ... or you don't fly to California and play their best team !! LOL 

Believe me we will enjoy playing teams with such a great fan base , and also fans that show Class . Look forward to seeing you guys next year . 

Somebody ask me today why do I look forward to DB playing Maryville.You win or you lose and you have played the best program in the state either way.That's 10 times better then beating up on a school that you had no place in playing to start with.So what if we get beat as long as our players come out and give it their best.I just hate the week off before that game next year.It will be a zoo on here.

You really need to be humbled. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen as long as quarrels is there. 

You really need to be humbled. Unfortunately, it probably won't happen as long as quarrels is there. 

I can't imagine how arrogant most fans would be if they had a program like Maryville..When Greeneville won a silver and then back to back gold balls,several of our  former alumni had to buy larger hats.It would be Texas size hats if the Devils were in the title game winning it all every year.I think the Rebel fans do a pretty good job when you factor how many azz kickings they have given out over the last several years.

Edited by BatmanDB

I can't imagine how arrogant most fans would be if they had a program like Maryville..When Greeneville won a silver and then back to back gold balls,several of our former alumni had to buy larger hats.It would be Texas size hats if the Devils were in the title game winning it all every year.I think the Rebel fans do a pretty good job when you factor how many azz kickings they have given out over the last several years.

As a whole, they are very classy. It starts with the coaching staff and trickles down from there. Maryville that is! 😉 Edited by dragnfan