Hey DB, you have to play them next year.....

blazer1set

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play better competition and your supposed to improve.

OAW - I don't disagree with you on this, but its just weird that sometimes you see mixed results.   For instance, Boone has been playing a crazy tough schedule (2 local 6A's and 3 4A's ranked in the top 10) for some years now, and it just really hasn't made us any better.      And look at Central, Volunteer and Crockett, they get drilled week in and week out and yet they generally just never improve.      Do you or others have any insight on this?

OAW - I don't disagree with you on this, but its just weird that sometimes you see mixed results.   For instance, Boone has been playing a crazy tough schedule (2 local 6A's and 3 4A's ranked in the top 10) for some years now, and it just really hasn't made us any better.      And look at Central, Volunteer and Crockett, they get drilled week in and week out and yet they generally just never improve.      Do you or others have any insight on this?

Really, it all boils down to coaching. From what I understand Boone has a problem with the 'good ole'boy system" that is even much worse than at DB. They have some good athletes that won't play because of this. Central's coaching staff is a complete joke and a lot of their athletes transfer to South or DB. Volunteer's coach finally stepped down this year, a good guy but I don't know if he was just not head coach material or had to much working against him. Crockett probably has the best coach they have had but seems like they have a lot of other problems in the system that may never get fixed. The only way to fix it is the communities have to get together and force change and at the same time give 100% support to the athletes. Will it happen? NOT A CHANCE!

Like Waco said coaching is key. The other keys are feeder programs, good athletes, fan support. I don't think Boone has a steady stream of real good athletes. The fan support is there. The coach is good IMO but I don't know about his supporting cast.

I'm over the blues.Football is over .For myself, I can count the high school basketball games on one hand that I've watched in the last 10 or maybe even 20 years.Also,I'm good if I never have another kid play anything else at this point.I look forward to watching gunsmoke and all the old westerns this winter when I'm not working.Maybe get the kids out for some fishing on those warmer days that everyone is home.As for football next year,the coaches can worry about that .Nothing any of us have to say on these boards will matter or make a difference anyway. The only people that matter are the ones that hire and fire the coaches.The coaches that are in position to make smart moves can better their teams or fall behind.So,I'm neither of those and it's gunsmoke for me.Roll Tribe !

Truth.

I like the new districts for next year and DB will be fine if they can improve in a few areas. Turnovers and penalties will have to be addressed and hopefully the secondary will be a lot better. I truly think we can play with anybody on the schedule next year and may win a few we shouldn't. Its gonna be great to play some great competition cause it will only make us better. Roll Tribe!!!