Hey DB, you have to play them next year.....

blazer1set

Don't mean to butt in but Oak Ridge has the same problem. Our season ticket holders brag about having had their same tickets for 50 years. But probable haven't put their butts in these seats in ten years. Old fans just don't support like they used to. The away crowd is younger and are always ready to go on a road trip! 

Good luck in the Boro and hope to see you all in Cookeville.My Wildcats won't be there but I will pulling for the east Tenn. teams.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North will be playing nobody when they drop down and they are in Kingsport. That's probably never been done in other parts of the state.If that's all we care about, it's a free state title for Kingsport to take .No it's not really an option for the coaches and players that love DB as my family does, but if it were a matter of life and death for the whole city to bring one back.Wouldn't be a problem.

Trezevant, Gatlinburg Pittman - Those two jump out at me.  North was down this year but will definitely reload, but it may be a question of consistent good players coming into North.  Now if that means you start seeing more DB and South players jumping ship, maybe.  But while we are used to our little leagues and players up here, when it comes to the speed game out West we get a dose of reality.  North may be 1-2 on paper every year, but playoff time shows how good we really are in East TN.

Most DB fans I know were pulling for SH against Maryville, but a couple were gloating over the Toppers getting annihilated, so this was mainly just a reminder to that very small minority about what lies in DB's future.     And besides, Boone has no future for a couple of years due to the probation so what else am I going to discuss?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Boone only had one more year they had to sit out for probation.  After that, game on.  Boone is in a pretty tough conference now, I see their success being similar to what they had recently.  Big wins, even wins apiece against DB and SH in the past.... four years?  6 Years?  Morristown West and East will be tough battles.  When Boone was in their old conference, they never could get the job done against Morristown West.  Close, but didn't quite make it there.  Once again 5A is like 6A for East TN - all roads end in Knoxville.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought Boone only had one more year they had to sit out for probation.  After that, game on.  Boone is in a pretty tough conference now, I see their success being similar to what they had recently.  Big wins, even wins apiece against DB and SH in the past.... four years?  6 Years?  Morristown West and East will be tough battles.  When Boone was in their old conference, they never could get the job done against Morristown West.  Close, but didn't quite make it there.  Once again 5A is like 6A for East TN - all roads end in Knoxville.

That's right, Boone (and Crockett) will miss the 2015 playoffs and then be eligible in 2016, assuming they don't screw up in between because they are still on probation 3 years.

As to the new conference, I could see Boone being somewhere in the middle, should be better than Cocke Co but nowhere near the Motowns, so yeah it's pretty much like the Big 2 conference that we just left.   Of course next year is probably when Boone will surprise everyone and go 10-0 but then have to forfeit the playoffs

It's amazing how many people in upper east tn. think Maryville is in Knoxville.

Well db is not like any other stadium meaning dbs fans are so spreed out throughout stadium -baseball stadium , between baseball stadium and football stadium , right of scoreboard and in-front of club house and standing on clubhouse overlook !! Any game you take them fans and move them to DBs main stands there would be overflow ...thats not including the 200+ young kids running all over behind the stadIum-annoying !!

Edited by kingindian33

Well, I'm in line with Batman on the new scheduling.  I think this will be good for DB, ultimately. For Science Hill too. 

Now, If you guys could just get a new AD you'd be in much better shape to build towards your goal of a gold ball. 

I'm starting to get the post high school football season blues already.  I hate round ball.  :(

I'm over the blues.Football is over .For myself, I can count the high school basketball games on one hand that I've watched in the last 10 or maybe even 20 years.Also,I'm good if I never have another kid play anything else at this point.I look forward to watching gunsmoke and all the old westerns this winter when I'm not working.Maybe get the kids out for some fishing on those warmer days that everyone is home.As for football next year,the coaches can worry about that .Nothing any of us have to say on these boards will matter or make a difference anyway. The only people that matter are the ones that hire and fire the coaches.The coaches that are in position to make smart moves can better their teams or fall behind.So,I'm neither of those and it's gunsmoke for me.Roll Tribe !

Geez way to be specific.  Fine.  "Knoxville area".  Do you feel better?

No I don't feel better. Say Maryville. It's Maryville! Right there in Blount County. Not Knoxville...Not Knox County.....Not Knoxville Area. You and others keep trying to make it look like Science Hill and DB can't compete with "Knoxville area" schools and that's not true. Its Maryville they can't compete with just like all the rest of the schools in the state can't.