Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Will Oak Ridge get any of the renovations they were proposing last year done this year.  I know they got the new bleachers, which looked nice. Field Turf, Jumbotron, etc. ?

That is the goal for next season. Coach Gaddis said they had to raise about 1 million dollars to take care of the turf, jumbotron and new ticket booth and hoped to have all completed by the start of next season. After that from what I understand they will start working on the home side bleachers.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL !!!!

The Ridge will be tough to stop next year. I believe they will win a region championship for the 2nd straight year & make a run in the play-offs. They need to work on the passing game if they are going to win state.

I'm not so sure about the passing game part of your post. MBA, Webb, Union City, Trenton, CPA, and West won state titles with almost exclusively a running attack. Fulton didn't throw it too much as I recall and Maryville is pretty balanced. According to the evidence from the vast majority of the title winners, we threw it too much.

I'm not so sure about the passing game part of your post. MBA, Webb, Union City, Trenton, CPA, and West won state titles with almost exclusively a running attack. Fulton didn't throw it too much as I recall and Maryville is pretty balanced. According to the evidence from the vast majority of the title winners, we threw it too much.

We've got to be able to throw the ball more Cats. Look what happened in the Rhea Co game... They stopped our run and we couldn't do anything until we opened it up late in the game. We had 200 yards passing in the game and 90% of that came late in the 3rd and 4th quarters and that's when we scored. A balanced attack will most always work better than a one sided attack.

There is no way you are saying lets not get the ball in Tee's and our other receivers hands ???

RWR !!!!

Yes you are correct, I believe you have to have a run game to win state, but either you are just flat out better than everyone else (CPA, Fulton, West) & no one can stop you. Or you have to have good balance like Maryville to win state. I don't mean Oak Ridge needs to be able to throw it all over the field, but the plain & simple fact is that the lack of a good passing game is why Oak Ridge couldn't win state this year. Stop the run & you can beat them. But with Tee Higgins out there that shouldn't be the case.

It should be stop the run & Oak Ridge still wins because no one can match up with Higgins.

We've got to be able to throw the ball more Cats. Look what happened in the Rhea Co game... They stopped our run and we couldn't do anything until we opened it up late in the game. We had 200 yards passing in the game and 90% of that came late in the 3rd and 4th quarters and that's when we scored. A balanced attack will most always work better than a one sided attack.

There is no way you are saying lets not get the ball in Tee's and our other receivers hands ???

RWR !!!!

And stopping the run. They put 35 points on OR's D. 

And stopping the run. They put 35 points on OR's D. 

I'll give you that for sure...What I'm reading here is that OR didn't have much of a passing game to speak of but what most don't know is that the game plan was to run it down out opponents throats and only throw when it was absolutely necessary. We have the tools to throw it all over the field, it just needs to be incorporated into the game plan IMO.

RWR !!!!