Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

Is this one in Oak Ridge or Sevierville? 

OakRidgeKat, the game is at Sevier County. Here is an article on Sevier County's schedule from The Mountain Press:

<<Sevier County sets 2015 football schedule

Nov. 20, 2014 @ 05:15 PM

Christopher James

SEVIERVILLE —

Sevier County’s 2015 football schedule may not be as much fun for the coaches as it will be for the fans.

One thing both groups can agree on: The Smoky Bears have lined up some challenging opponents.

“We’ve got a really tough schedule, (non-region),†said Sevier County head coach Tony Linginfelter. “I think it’s good to play the best competition you can because I think it will help you in the long run in the playoffs.â€

The Bears will face four playoff teams outside of their Region 1-5A schedule next fall including former nemesis Oak Ridge at home. The slate also includes road trips to Cleveland, which lost to the Wildcats in the playoffs last week, and state quarterfinalist West. Dobyns-Bennett will come to Sevierville for the second year in a row.

"We're very excited about the schedule," said Sevier County Athletic Director and co-defensive coordinator Bryan Atchley. "We think it's a great schedule. ... It gets us better for the playoffs. It gets us better prepared, gets us ready for the stretch run of the playoffs. That's what we're looking for."

Linginfelter and Atchley worked their phones feverishly last week, talking with 12 to 15 teams after the Region 1 meeting in Morristown. The Bears learned there that they’ll have home region games against Cocke County, David Crockett and Morristown West next season. Sevier County will travel to Morristown East, Daniel Boone and Tennessee High. The week 9 game against the Vikings in Bristol is the first matchup between the two schools since 1964.

Linginfelter said he was pleased to continue to play Dobyns-Bennett even though the Indians are now a classification above Sevier County. Linginfelter agreed with D-B coach Graham Clark on the game before the region meeting.

One of the season’s marquee matchups is likely to be that Oak Ridge game. The two teams used to be perennial foes, meeting 16 times between 1995 and 2005. That included the Bears’ postseason win in 1999 en route to a state championship. They beat Oak Ridge in the season opener the next year before losing in the 2000 playoffs. The two teams haven't met since a 41-14 Wildcat win in 2005.

“They were the team you had to beat in that period,†Linginfelter said. “... It’ll be a tough game, that’s for sure. They’ve got coach (Joe) Gaddis. He’s one of the guys that built that program. They’re a really good team again.†>>

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

Here is McMinn County's schedule. Oak Ridge plays host to the Cherokees on October 9th.

<<Schedule

The playoff format was simplified in the realignment plan, eliminating the emphasis on overall wins with the top four teams according to region records advancing to the playoffs in each of the eight regions.

The Cherokees' region opponents are Walker Valley, Cleveland, White County, Ooltewah, Soddy-Daisy and Rhea County.

The 2015 schedule is as follows (* district games): McMinn Central, Aug. 21; Bradley, Aug. 28; at Walker Valley*, Sept. 4; at Lenoir City, Sept. 11; Cleveland*, Sept. 18; Open date, Sept. 25; at White County*, Oct. 2; at Oak Ridge, Oct. 9; Ooltewah*, Oct. 16; at Soddy-Daisy*, Oct. 23; Rhea County*, Oct. 30.>.

I thought we should put our schedule on here since it's an Oak Ridge thread. This is on CoachT but there's a round about way to see it. I went to OR football, clicked on our next game - Clinton, went to their schedule and then clicked on OR.

8/21/15 Clinton

8/28/15 at Dobyns-Bennett

9/4/15 at Farragut

9/11/15 at Anderson County

9/18/15 Lenoir City

9/25/15 at Sevier County

10/2/15 at Karns

10/9/15 McMinn County

10/30/15 Campbell County

Thank you.Great news

There was a lot of people who thought Darel shouldnt get a chance at Oak Ridge.Im proud of how he handled himself this year.Some people made him sound like the worst kid in the world.We forget how much growing up these kids are going through.He kills me with his lack of effort sometimes but he is still young.I also think the coaches have done a great job with him off the field.Hope he keeps it up and has a huge senior year.

There was a lot of people who thought Darel shouldnt get a chance at Oak Ridge.Im proud of how he handled himself this year.Some people made him sound like the worst kid in the world.We forget how much growing up these kids are going through.He kills me with his lack of effort sometimes but he is still young.I also think the coaches have done a great job with him off the field.Hope he keeps it up and has a huge senior year.

I tried to tell every one not to judge a book by it's cover...

I'm not so sure if it's lack of effort or that he is just a very laid back easy going person. I even noticed that watching him play basketball the other night and he very quietly scored almost 20 points and you would've never known it because it looked as if he wasn't even trying. Right now he is just so much more physically gifted than the people he plays against in noth sports that he really doesn't have to exert that extra energy to put himself over the top in terms of dominanting the opposition. Once he moves to the next level and meets his match and sees that the guy lined up across from him is just as big and strong as he is then maybe (I hope) we will see Darel give 110 % on every play.