Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

I don't know guys.  With a new offense, you want to be able to work the kinks out as much as possible before the first game of the season. I don't think it is as big a deal as some of you are making it.  I wouldn't call South Doyle a slouch team either.  My guess is that we were counting on Maryville until they scheduled the Ensworth scrimmage so we were scrambling to find a team.  Also, we haven't scrimmaged Alcoa since their number 1 player was injured in the last scrimmage. However, I would like to get back to a more difficult scrimmage schedule just for the fan value.

I agree with you

I was looking forward to it also Barn. I'd love to get Maryville back on the schedule personally. I remember when Gaddis first got back I asked him if he was interested in playing y'all. His reply was, absolutely. We won't shy away from any team. We had a series scheduled with McMinn Co before he got here, and I'm not sure how many years we will be playing them? Hopefully this will be the last. I don't much care to play them. I'd much rather play Maryville personally. We'd probably lose, but it would help come playoff time to play that type of stiff competition. Just my opinion though.

I personally think Gaddis would be a fool to schedule DB, Sevier County, Webb, and Maryville as non district games!

Most of you people or nuts or you are just chronic complainers. Your coach just made the regular season schedule much tougher than it has been in recent years. I think that will help us in the playoffs a heck of a lot more than scrimmages against Alcoa or Maryville. My advice to you complainers is to go to the scrimmages that Independence has scheduled and then come to the Oak Ridge games. Then you'll have the best of both! The problem then however, is that you would have nothing to complain about! Lol.

Can't fault me for wanting to scrimmage better competition, even if for fan friendliness. Sorry, but Halls and Heritage just doesn't much up my ante lol

I personally think Gaddis would be a fool to schedule DB, Sevier County, Webb, and Maryville as non district games!

Maybe, but I would trade Maryville for Webb anyday. They bring no fan support, and if you lose you lost to a team with 30 something odd players on it. Kind of a lose lose situation playing them. I'm not complaining, just making some observations, that's all.

Most of you people or nuts or you are just chronic complainers. Your coach just made the regular season schedule much tougher than it has been in recent years. I think that will help us in the playoffs a heck of a lot more than scrimmages against Alcoa or Maryville. My advice to you complainers is to go to the scrimmages that Independence has scheduled and then come to the Oak Ridge games. Then you'll have the best of both! The problem then however, is that you would have nothing to complain about! Lol.

Ever heard, to be the best you gotta beat the best?

I don't think OR fans should worry who they are scrimmaging. You already know you are most likely going to win your region, so why stress? Maybe Gaddis looks at it as helping some struggling teams out by letting them go against good competition? I don't know... We are scrimmaging Ooltewah and their fans could say the same things about scrimmaging a WB team that was 3-7 last year.

Edited by Governors91

I don't think OR fans should worry who they are scrimmaging. You already know you are most likely going to win your region, so why stress? Maybe Gaddis looks at it as helping some struggling teams out by letting them go against good competition? I don't know... We are scrimmaging Ooltewah and their fans could say the same things about scrimmaging a WB team that was 3-7 last year.

I was telling Barney yesterday I would much rather scrimmage WB then I would Heritage. No disrespect to Heritage. I just don't think we will get much out of those 2 scrimmages. But, with a new offense being implemented like SI said maybe it's a good thing. Guess we will see. Heck, them and Halls may kick our a^^ then I'll look like a fool lol

I was telling Barney yesterday I would much rather scrimmage WB then I would Heritage. No disrespect to Heritage. I just don't think we will get much out of those 2 scrimmages. But, with a new offense being implemented like SI said maybe it's a good thing. Guess we will see. Heck, them and Halls may kick our a^^ then I'll look like a fool lol

I will say this.... If Heritage cannot win more games this year they will officially be a lost cause and imo they will never get better. And their coach didn't make things any easier by scheduling Maryville and Anderson Co the first two games. That puts them at 0-2 before the season even begins. Edited by Governors91

I will say this.... If Heritage cannot win more games this year they will officially be a lost cause and imo they will never get better. And their coach didn't make things any easier by scheduling Maryville and Anderson Co the first two games. That puts them at 0-2 before the season even begins.

Yeah. Two tough tilts to start off there, to say the least. Gotta respect him for scheduling them, though.