Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

I wish Maryville scrimmaged yall this year. We always seemed to have good ones. I guess we wanted to pick up Ensworth again.

We have gone from scrimmaging Alcoa and y'all to what we are scrimmaging now. I don't know, maybe it makes no difference, but if I was coach I would want my players to be pushed to the max against stiff competition in a scrimmage. Not learning much playing a team you can probably handle without much resistance. Just me though.

We have gone from scrimmaging Alcoa and y'all to what we are scrimmaging now. I don't know, maybe it makes no difference, but if I was coach I would want my players to be pushed to the max against stiff competition in a scrimmage. Not learning much playing a team you can probably handle without much resistance. Just me though.

I agree with you SS! Scrimmaging top quality teams gives you a better idea of what kind of team you have. If we scrimmage a 2 win team and destroy them, what have we really accomplished? But playing a 8+ win team and holding your own says alot about where your team might be.

I agree with you SS! Scrimmaging top quality teams gives you a better idea of what kind of team you have. If we scrimmage a 2 win team and destroy them, what have we really accomplished? But playing a 8+ win team and holding your own says alot about where your team might be.

I don't mean to make it sound like I don't respect Halls or Heritage, I do. I'm sure those kids bust their a%&$* as much or more than our kids do. It'd just be nice to see us go up against a Fulton, Catholic, Knox West, Maryville, etc. Blade scheduled teams like that. That's one thing I can say about him.

I was looking forward to a scrimmage with you all because it seems Oak Ridge is headed in the right direction now and all the sudden we aren't playing each other this year. You can mark this down, it will be the big unknown just like it was with us and Fulton the past two years. The only team that will benefit will be Heritage and Halls, not Oak Ridge. 

I don't know guys.  With a new offense, you want to be able to work the kinks out as much as possible before the first game of the season. I don't think it is as big a deal as some of you are making it.  I wouldn't call South Doyle a slouch team either.  My guess is that we were counting on Maryville until they scheduled the Ensworth scrimmage so we were scrambling to find a team.  Also, we haven't scrimmaged Alcoa since their number 1 player was injured in the last scrimmage. However, I would like to get back to a more difficult scrimmage schedule just for the fan value.

I was looking forward to a scrimmage with you all because it seems Oak Ridge is headed in the right direction now and all the sudden we aren't playing each other this year. You can mark this down, it will be the big unknown just like it was with us and Fulton the past two years. The only team that will benefit will be Heritage and Halls, not Oak Ridge. 

I was looking forward to it also Barn. I'd love to get Maryville back on the schedule personally. I remember when Gaddis first got back I asked him if he was interested in playing y'all. His reply was, absolutely. We won't shy away from any team. We had a series scheduled with McMinn Co before he got here, and I'm not sure how many years we will be playing them? Hopefully this will be the last. I don't much care to play them. I'd much rather play Maryville personally. We'd probably lose, but it would help come playoff time to play that type of stiff competition. Just my opinion though.

Most of you people or nuts or you are just chronic complainers. Your coach just made the regular season schedule much tougher than it has been in recent years. I think that will help us in the playoffs a heck of a lot more than scrimmages against Alcoa or Maryville. My advice to you complainers is to go to the scrimmages that Independence has scheduled and then come to the Oak Ridge games. Then you'll have the best of both! The problem then however, is that you would have nothing to complain about! Lol.