Webb vs BGA

Vols12345678

Having seen both play this year, my thoughts on "the dropdown bowl". BGA has a chance for the upset (let's face it, that's saying something, few other teams in our division would have a chance). if they can find a way to slow Webbs potent offense they (BGA) has the skill position guys to give Webb loads of trouble. Tall and fast, if used correctly, they will score plenty of points. Would be interesting to see what would happen if BGA somehow got out to a quick lead as Webbs O doesn't appear to be much of a passing attack. If Webb can control the clock and rely on their line to pound the ball then BGA could be in trouble. On the surface this looks like a close game.

"Dropdown Bowl". Love it. Haha!!!

I was looking down at BGA on google maps and didn't see one athletic field (baseball or football) on campus where do they play their home football games.

You may have been looking at the wrong campus -- they also have an elementary school. BGA plays every sport on campus and has outstanding facilities.

Edited by WesVLT

Way to bring back the first GOLD BALL back to East Tn. this year.  Congrats to Coach Meske and players. 

Also congrats to 2 former Red Devils, Randy Carrol and Kevin Julian.  Maybe Powell would hire KJ after winning 3 Championships in a row!

I knew Carroll was on the Webb staff, but I didn't know Julian was too. Both are exceptional guys, as is Meske of course. I'm thrilled to see them doing well. They treated me superbly during my Knoxville reporting days.

Edited by WesVLT

Dennis Green said it first. Webb is who I thought they were. Disciplined, hard nosed and well coached. Congrats to the Spartans! Maybe we can get back next year and see them again. Again congrats to Webb.

Very impressed on how they came out in the second half. There is no quit in BGA. 

R, I have not seen the 2015 schedule but I certainly hope we host y'all at Faust Field. 

I knew Carroll was on the Webb staff, but I didn't know Julian was too. Both are exceptional guys, as is Meske of course. I'm thrilled to see them doing well. They treated me superbly during my Knoxville reporting days.

Devil and Ron, let me assure you our blessings start at the very top. All the staff are top notch. It is because of them I am the supporter I am. Very Spartan indeed.