CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

On a lot of those runs where UC players were jetting by Coalfield players for long TDs, who was the last player for Coalfield seen in the frame ?....Zach Stewart....You can't beat a TEAM by yourself but you also can't stop hustling....Stewart ran every play out and that's impressive...It will be good to see what he can do and what he will look like with an SEC weight and nutrition program...Welcome to the VOLS Zach Stewart !!...

Thought Coalfield did a really good job in the first half...Stepped up and played nose to nose with us...Thought they did a real good job of coaching...Second half, UC got on a roll...You can't give us anything via turnover and Coalfield did...We are too good to be given gifts...

Congrats go out to Coalfield on a great season and congrats go out also to a group of Union City guys that played the entire year with a huge Bulls-Eye on their backs and met every challenge..27 game win streak and back-to-back state championships...A HUGE accomplishment...Congrats to the coaching staff and all the support staff...

Now it's time to reload, not rebuild...GO TORNADOES !!!...

Coalfield losing a couple of good ones but from what I'm hearing we will be getting several transfers and a great lineman from middle school which made the Tennessee All-Star team, plus Clore and Daughtery which are two really good players will be back from injury. I dont think we will be too shabby in the east next year. If I'm not mistaking Trousdale will be in the west.

The cupboard is not bare at UC...We have 12 juniors, a few who played a lot today and have been involved in 27 straight wins and back-to-back state titles...We have 13 sophomores that have been practicing against this bunch all year and we have 12 freshmen...We have another Jernigan, Austin, coming up the lineman ranks and a running back, Tashawn Allen, that you will be hearing about...This program doesn't play around in the weight room and they will only get bigger, stronger and faster...This is what coaches, any worth their salt anyway, live for...An opportunity to teach and build up guys that are hungry to win...

• Upvote 1

I want to echo what P&G said about Stewart. And I want to shout out what one of our fans did at the end of the Game. HEY STEWART! GO BIG ORANGE.

Congrats to Coalfield on an outstanding season and a great first half in the Championship. You guys played your hearts out and you have our respect.

HOW BOUT THEM TORNADOES! BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS. CONGRATS TO MY BOYS.

• Upvote 1