Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Another non winning record is a good sign, says the guy who thinks 0 wins should get you into the playoffs. I know, "a couple plays away" "if we wouldn't fumble" or how about "fire the offensive coordinator"

We got 6 wins which is a .500 record and better than 4-8 or 5-7 and "if" we win the bowl we will have our first winning season since '09. All the casual dumbed down fans might not realize it but what butch and the vols accomplished this year was remarkable. Nobody gave the vols a chance in the pre-season and lots of people were picking us to lose 8 games for the first time in the history of the program but we didn't. It's amazing to me how lots of people are already calling for butch jones head when he is taking a banged up team full of freshman to a bowl game for the first time since 2010. And i'm not sure where you saw me say I think an 0-10 team should make the playoffs because I never said or implied that. Edited by Governors91

We got 6 wins which is a .500 record and better than 4-8 or 5-7 and "if" we win the bowl we will have our first winning season since '09. All the casual dumbed down fans might not realize it but what butch and the vols accomplished this year was remarkable. Nobody gave the vols a chance in the pre-season and lots of people were picking us to lose 8 games for the first time in the history of the program but we didn't. It's amazing to me how lots of people are already calling for butch jones head when he is taking a banged up team full of freshman to a bowl game for the first time since 2010. And i'm not sure where you saw me say I think an 0-10 team should make the playoffs because I never said or implied that.

I guess us casual, dumbed down fans remember when 8 wins was a down year for the vols. I guess I should be a smart fan like you and think a losing record is normal or expected. And u defended the "upward 32" plan. You said it was a good plan, the first round is a "play in" game

SMH... You are such a hater that you can't even see reality... The fact is winning 6 games and making a bowl game was a major accomplishment for Butch Jones and this team. Back before the season started all I heard was gloom and many people were predicting us to go 3-9 or 4-8 because of our inexperienced lines,the youth everywhere else, and our brutal schedule. But despite all of that Butch Jones was able to coach this team to it's first bowl game since 2010. When Butch Jones talked about us being young he wasn't making excuses, he was stating a fact.The fact is the vols started more true freshman than anyone else in the country and they were doing that with one of the most brutal schedules in the country, and they still made a bowl game. And if you look back on the season they were a few plays away from being 8-4 or 9-3. This team surpassed everyone's expectations. And as much as you probably hate to hear this the Vols are only going to get better and better from here on out. Butch Jones has this program going in the right direction and it's only a matter of time before we win another National Title.

Brutal Schedule ha ha

Utah State - cupcake -lost last week to Boise St 51-19

Arkansas State - joke

Lost to a bad Florida team -

Oklahoma is in a down year

Chattanooga / MHS could beat them

Kentucky is well Kentucky

Vandy / congrats you beat your step sister

UT may be on the right track, but do they really have any signature wins? Wins only against no-name colleges and SEC bottom feeders should not get Vol Nation that excited, but I guess if the expectations were < .500 then 6-6 is Woodstock material

non-conference:

Utah State

Arkansas State

UT Chattanooga

SEC:

South Carolina (6-6)

Kentucky (5-7)

Vandy (3-9)

You can try to diminish it any way you want but making it to a bowl game is a huge step in the right direction for this program. And it's especially remarkable that we are doing it with a banged up group of freshman. We started more true freshman this year than anyone else in the country and when you are doing that in the SEC it is a tall order. You may say we don't have any quality wins and you might kind of have a point. But you also have to consider how well we competed in all of those games we lost. If Dobbs had played against Florida and Georgia those would have been wins instead of losses. Then you have to consider that we dominated Alabama for 2 1/2 qtrs and came up just short against Missouri. We were competitive in every single game this year, we weren't an easy out for any team that beat us this year. And we were a team full of freshman!!! Frankly if you can't see the improvement in this program you are blind.

I guess us casual, dumbed down fans remember when 8 wins was a down year for the vols. I guess I should be a smart fan like you and think a losing record is normal or expected. And u defended the "upward 32" plan. You said it was a good plan, the first round is a "play in" game

Well you old farts have to realize times have changed.... The fact is we fielded a team full of freshman, more freshman than any other team in the country, and despite dealing with tons of adversity,injuries,and off the field issues we are going to a bowl game for the first time since 2010. There are very few coaches in the country that could have coached this vols team to a bowl game but butch was able to do it.

Brutal Schedule ha ha

Utah State - cupcake -lost last week to Boise St 51-19

Arkansas State - joke

Lost to a bad Florida team -

Oklahoma is in a down year

Chattanooga / MHS could beat them

Kentucky is well Kentucky

Vandy / congrats you beat your step sister

Haters are going to be haters I guess... All you did was take a crack at UT's schedule yet you don't give us credit for competing every single week and winning 6 games and making a bowl game despite starting more freshmen than any other team in the country, overcoming multiple key injuries, and dealing with off the field distractions. Making a bowl this year was a tremendous accomplishment for this team all things considered.

Well you old farts have to realize times have changed.... The fact is we fielded a team full of freshman, more freshman than any other team in the country, and despite dealing with tons of adversity,injuries,and off the field issues we are going to a bowl game for the first time since 2010. There are very few coaches in the country that could have coached this vols team to a bowl game but butch was able to do it.

Gov the only problem I have with Butch is sometimes there are coaches that have been with you a long time and keeping them when it's obvious they can't make the adjustment can sometimes be the link that will bring you down with them by keeping them. I think Butch is a great recruiter and a great salesman and has high morals and has done a great job being handed one of the biggest messes to clean up in the history of college football. There are two or three coaching positions he needs to take a real good look at before going onto next year. 

And u defended the "upward 32" plan. You said it was a good plan, the first round is a "play in" game

I,more or less, defended the "upward 32" plan because I get soo tired of hearing people b%}€& and moan about everything. No matter what plan the TSSAA implemented people were going to complain because that's what they do. Personally I like the "upward 32" because the Govs will be renewing rivalries with teams they played in the past.

Yeah, you're right. I guess mediocrity is the new normal. We'll call it the "WB plan". And there's been a coach come into the sec and take a team with a losing record and win the sec in his first year. Especially a team with a new starting qb.