Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Back to HS ball, Maryville wins this game easily, I think the Rebels have proven it takes a complete team to beat them and very few HS coaches build complete teams they usually have a few good players and they build on that concentrating on their studs abilities to win for them and forget about the little things like special teams, Ravenwood is built around 24 and his abilities not the whole team, take 24 out and this team will struggle, heck Maryville losses their QB and still walks through teams, why because they are complete and built to perform as a team not about one player.

I am not trying to diminish anything, I deal in facts and the facts are as one of the other post said allot of smoke and mirrors going on over there at the hill, your right they did play a bunch of freshman but correct me if I am wrong, any Sophomore or junior that played this year is two years under the guidance of the brick layer and his staff, so on one hand you say we don't have the talent but on the other you have players that has been under the new direction for two years and they haven't improved enough to make you competitive, isn't coaching about developing players not just trying to find all the all stars to win games for you, Alabama gets the stars then makes them fit their scheme in one year, the fans bring up the inexperience , well you have players that have played for the layer for two years and have they improved? look at the numbers, look at where these players were when they got here and what have these same players accomplished. It can be said if Dobbs started every game maybe TN wins a few more, well Dobbs didn't start because you had a coaching staff saying he wasn't the guy nor ready, so which is it, the brick layer and his OC are great coaches on evaluating talent or they had no clue, oh wait you will say they were saving him for red shirt, take this to the bank, the Brick layers EGO is way to big to not have won more then six games, if he thought Dobbs wins games for him Dobbs would have been starting all along, Bottom line accomplish something then bang your chest, recruiting players is only part of the equation and lets not forget how many four and five stars never pan out, you don't here all these other coaches having gimmick saying to hype their teams they just show up and play.

Well....

How many quality sophomore and junior skill players does Tennessee have on offense? Not many.... Our best upperclassmen are on defense and surprise surprise our defense was pretty dang good this year.. When Butch took over after Dooley was fired that first recruiting class wasn't very good. But Butch added a great recruiting class this past year, especially skill players wise. Unfortunately we had to replace our whole offensive and defensive lines. You can't expect true freshman athletes to come in and be world beaters in the current situation. And how on earth can you begin to compare our situation to the situation at Alabama? Alabama has had the same coach for awhile now and they have had sufficient time to build their program and bring in multiple quality recruiting classes.. Newsflash... Butch Jones has only brought in one quality recruiting class so far and they were all thrown into the fire right away behind inexperienced lines. And they still competed in every single ball game and made a bowl game for the first time since 2010. I'm not thumping my chest, i'm just stating the facts... The fact is it's a remarkable achievement for this team to make a bowl game all things considered. I wouldn't have said anything if a UT hater hadn't shot their mouth off. Anyways, i'm done arguing and this will be my last post on the matter. All i've got to say is if someone can't look at the big picture and see the improvement in the UT program they are clearly idiots.

Our favorite eatery in Cook-Vegas is the Gyro Dude.  Great Greek cuisine!!!!  That's where we go every year before the game.