Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

Do any Maryville threads actually talk about the game at hand? I was looking forward to talking some football this week but have been sadly let down by this thread.

Why not talk about matchups? Such as Van Jefferson and Austin Pearcy vs. The Maryville Secondary or Can Ravenwood slow down the front 7 of Maryville?

This has all the makings of a great state championship game yet all I read is gibberish.

If you'll read the posts the Maryville fans have discussed the game. And a northeast TN fan pointed out there is a ravenwood drive in Maryville, a stay a casual fan would miss. Unfortunately, no ravenwood fans are posting, so we got off topic. My team is out, so all I can offer is gibberish #firebutchjones

You can try to diminish it any way you want but making it to a bowl game is a huge step in the right direction for this program. And it's especially remarkable that we are doing it with a banged up group of freshman. We started more true freshman this year than anyone else in the country and when you are doing that in the SEC it is a tall order. You may say we don't have any quality wins and you might kind of have a point. But you also have to consider how well we competed in all of those games we lost. If Dobbs had played against Florida and Georgia those would have been wins instead of losses. Then you have to consider that we dominated Alabama for 2 1/2 qtrs and came up just short against Missouri. We were competitive in every single game this year, we weren't an easy out for any team that beat us this year. And we were a team full of freshman!!! Frankly if you can't see the improvement in this program you are blind.

i think that is the first time that I have heard any one Mention how young UT is ^_^

Do any Maryville threads actually talk about the game at hand? I was looking forward to talking some football this week but have been sadly let down by this thread.

Why not talk about matchups? Such as Van Jefferson and Austin Pearcy vs. The Maryville Secondary or Can Ravenwood slow down the front 7 of Maryville?

This has all the makings of a great state championship game yet all I read is gibberish.

Well Gerry , it's a little hard to talk about the game when one side doesn't have any fans on here . Maryville fans would rather keep things light instead of Bragging how Great we are , sorry that disappoints you . Here's an idea , instead of making a post whining about the thread , why don't you contribute something worthwhile yourself ??