Blue Cross Bowl: Ravenwood vs Maryville

BigDave1967

LOL , You beat me to it Red Rebels ... seriously Barn you have all the friends you need right here on the T !! Go Rebels !! I'd love to hear an Old School Tarzan Yell during the Game Saturday night like Barn used to do back in the day from the High Board at John Sevier Swimming Pool !! Barn was a Legend !!!

I'd like to see him jump off the high dive!!

I know we just play Cupcakes over here in East TN , but is there any team playing with more than 3 of their opponents playing for a State Championship ? Maryville's first game/win of the year was against Webb .... now State Champion Webb .... our second game/win was against Alcoa ... who will be playing tomorrow for the 3A State Title .... and our third game/win of the year was against West .... who will be playing for the 5A State Title after the Alcoa Game ... but we're all just CupCakes over here though ... lol  :mrgreen:

Oh and also the next 2 years Maryville will be playing against Fulton ... who is playing for the 4A Title . 

Edited by pepvol

I guess us casual, dumbed down fans remember when 8 wins was a down year for the vols. I guess I should be a smart fan like you and think a losing record is normal or expected. And u defended the "upward 32" plan. You said it was a good plan, the first round is a "play in" game

0-10 goes to the play-offs. I say,  take just the top 16 teams giving them all a bye the first week. 

Your right Spanky. Does anyone besides me think the fan base is over confident and the real state championship was won last week and this week is just about going back to pick the trophy up. I just get that feeling from everyone and I hope that's not the case. 

hey guys can we go back to high school football, please?! 

Where is Gyro Dude's?

Do any Maryville threads actually talk about the game at hand? I was looking forward to talking some football this week but have been sadly let down by this thread.

Why not talk about matchups? Such as Van Jefferson and Austin Pearcy vs. The Maryville Secondary or Can Ravenwood slow down the front 7 of Maryville?

This has all the makings of a great state championship game yet all I read is gibberish.

Edited by Gerry Bertier
  • Upvote 1

Do any Maryville threads actually talk about the game at hand? I was looking forward to talking some football this week but have been sadly let down by this thread.

Why not talk about matchups? Such as Van Jefferson and Austin Pearcy vs. The Maryville Secondary or Can Ravenwood slow down the front 7 of Maryville?

This has all the makings of a great state championship game yet all I read is gibberish.

Agree. Both teams are gonna need to run it some. Who has the edge there? I think it will be interesting to see if DaRaven's OL can pass protect long enough to throw the ball downfield. Can murvil win without the huge advantage in special tea that they usually enjoy?