Blue Cross Bowl: Knox West vs Hillsboro

BigDave1967

If West is going to win this game, they absolutely cannot turn the ball over and commit stupid penalties. That cannot happen. West should still have the fastest two players on the field so that should help. They also need to play that sophmore wr more that caught the game winning pass. He's a big body.....nothing against Tate but size is definitely not on his side.

The sophomore is Russell at the X receiver, Tate is the Z.  They both are in the game at the same time.

I don't know anything about hillsboro besides Perry, their UT commit. In my opinion it would be wise for West, regardless of whatever coverage the rest of the defense is in, to always have Bacon or Burch in a soft man on Perry.....follow him everywhere he goes. Whichever safety is not on him that particular play should cheat to the hash on Perry's side as well. He needs to be blanketed.

I agree that West has to find the Perry kid at all times...lets just hope Burch is ready to play as he was injured and did not play in the game Friday night.  But with that being said, I know that South Doyle threw for 298 yards but lets not get ahead of ourselves. West plays a cover 3 scheme in the secondary with certain rules for each spot, and the the Lebeaux kid made 3 catches that were absolutely amazing.  That same secondary did not allow a TD pass to be thrown by Rollins on that same Friday night. Also of that 298 yards 80 of that was on the fake punt and the scramble play that Rollins dumped to Bruce on the first drive. SD also rushed for less than 100 yards as did RC who had been rushing for over 300 yards for the season per game.  Now there were 2 plays in that RC game where the TE caught the ball. Other than those 2 the pass plays were screens that went for the most the yards.  That same secondary does have 20 INTs this year...had 22 last year.

Edited by TortoiseandtheHare

My thoughts on Rhea Co and Hillsboro.....

I think we caught Rhea County completely off guard in the 1st half.  They made adjustments in the locker room at halftime and we didn't.  So Rhea Co came out and really put it to us in the second half.  My hats off to a great effort by the Golden Eagles!  It was an exciting game to say the least.

The officiating gets an "F-" in my opinion.  The worst I've ever seen bar none! Neither team had anything to do with this.  Let the kids play!  Both Teams worked hard all year to get this far!  Don't ruin it for them!

Finally, the Rhea County fans were very classy to us and treated us with respect and were first class in every way!  BTW - The new High School is awesome!

#7 is a gifted athlete who gives 110% all day long.  In practice and drills he always does extra reps on everything!  He has a huge heart and plays like it!  I would sign him in a heartbeat if I were a college coach!

My Maryville buddy says Hillsboro is always good and we will have a tough game this Friday.  West will have to bring their "A" game on both "O" and "D" to take home the gold ball.

My 2 cents.......

G O     R E B E L S ! ! ! ! !

Nice comments and much appreciated after all the horse crap RCHS fans AND players have had to wade through since losing Friday night.

Hillsboro's defensive line stands up and plays patty cake from what I saw against Ridgeway.

Sounds like patty caking is the way to go if the defense has only allowed 125 points! If I was the coach I would say fellas cont. standing up and playing patty cakes. It was taken us this far!!!

Edited by theWhiteOwl

I'm not saying Hillsboro's defense isn't good. In fact, it's GREAT. All I'm saying is those defensive lineman cannot stand straight up against the veer attack. They will get gashed.

Okay I can buy that more so than just playing patty cake, the veer is about leverage and getting low, they held a great offense to 7 last week but maybe the veer is the equalizer. Having said that, traditionally teams that have run that offense on the higher classes seldom win the title if ever, somebody correct me if I am wrong.....