District 14A-Have The All District Team and MVP been picked yet

mrbigster

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each team is given a certain number of players that can be on the All-District team depending on where how the team finished in the district standings.  1st place gets 6-8 players, 2nd gets 5, 3rd gets 4 & so on.... - all players named by their own coach - not voted on by other coaches. Coaches vote on MVP, Coach of the Year, etc....

Atlas you want to talk about yellow or dodgers. Well Union City can play up but choices to play in 1-A. You know why? When UC was in the higher classification they could not win. Sure they went to two title games but lost. UC was a middle of the road program in 2-A. So the UC admin choices to play down to win. Alcoa is 2-A and plays up and others do also. Toot your horn all you want but if any school is yellow it is Union City. You started this mess with your I am better than you attitude. Those are the facts. Cannot be disputed. Your statements are built on rumor. Here is a rumor for you. UC remains 1-A because the UC admin controls their enrollment numbers. Do I believe that no but that is how easy it is to start a rumor. Quit running down true 1-A programs and enjoy UC success in 1-A lord knows UC didn't have much in 2-A. I know UC posters will come on here and spew their slanted views but that is ok because the truth hurts.

You say they couldn't win but got two silver balls, they beat somebody to get those!

we are single a by tssaa enrollment requirements.  For further whining, go to TSSAA website to voice your grievances.

If you used your head, you would understand that lc1968 is referring to the fact that UC can chose to move up a classification if they want to. However, they refuse to do so. Fact remains on most years UC was middle of the road team in 2A and that is why UC has no desire to move up. JDOGG to your point about the weight room and work ethic our kids havegreat work ethic, but it doesnt matter how hard you work when a team has 18 kids. The depth just is not there when almost every kid is playing every snap including specialteams.ATLAS maybe you need to look in the mirror and see who is cryingbecause your the one singing the blues about everyone not voting for UC. How about you producesome facts instead of rumors. Edited by faLConALUM

If you used your head, you would understand that lc1968 is referring to the fact that UC can chose to move up a classification if they want to. However, they refuse to do so. Fact remains on most years UC was middle of the road team in 2A and that is why UC has no desire to move up. JDOGG to your point about the weight room and work ethic our kids havegreat work ethic, but it doesnt matter how hard you work when a team has 18 kids. The depth just is not there when almost every kid is playing every snap including specialteams.ATLAS maybe you need to look in the mirror and see who is cryingbecause your the one singing the blues about everyone not voting for UC. How about you producesome facts instead of rumors.

Maybe all the other teams in the district should move up, they got the choice also, just saying

Lake County could also choose to move up to 2a just as easy as UC.  I guess, LC chooses to stay in single A just like UC.  Ask your coach about the facts of the meeting.  I'm just an informed UC fan.  You come on the NCS vs UC thread, start whining about your player not getting enough recognition.  Then start making it a UC too good for single a thing.  I look at myself in the mirror daily, and all I see are smiles. 

As an outsider on the situation, my question to the UC haters are why would you not give your kids the best shot at winning a state championship? The TSSAA sets the number to be under. Union city is under that number. If it was someone else as the highest everyone would complain about them having so many kids and beating up "true 1-a" programs. All the teams in 1-a are true 1-a programs because that is where they are placed. Union city does have the chance to play up. But what is best for kids year in and year out. The last two years have been good for Union city but what about the next two years. If you beat them are you ok with them being in 1-A. There will always be people unhappy with te process and decisions of the TSSAA. So my final word is to win your games and you have nothing to complain about.

Lake County could also choose to move up to 2a just as easy as UC.  I guess, LC chooses to stay in single A just like UC.  Ask your coach about the facts of the meeting.  I'm just an informed UC fan.  You come on the NCS vs UC thread, start whining about your player not getting enough recognition.  Then start making it a UC too good for single a thing.  I look at myself in the mirror daily, and all I see are smiles.

I didnt come on anything talking about a player not getting enough recognition and common sense says that Lake Co. nor most schools in our distrct have any business moving up. I am an informed LC fan and no comments were made at the meeting. Fact of the matter is, Wllkes is the MVP and you cant take it. UC will win the gold ball, good for them. If you are the one, I think you are on the sidelines you don't have to much to smile about. Edited by faLConALUM

As an outsider on the situation, my question to the UC haters are why would you not give your kids the best shot at winning a state championship? The TSSAA sets the number to be under. Union city is under that number. If it was someone else as the highest everyone would complain about them having so many kids and beating up "true 1-a" programs. All the teams in 1-a are true 1-a programs because that is where they are placed. Union city does have the chance to play up. But what is best for kids year in and year out. The last two years have been good for Union city but what about the next two years. If you beat them are you ok with them being in 1-A. There will always be people unhappy with te process and decisions of the TSSAA. So my final word is to win your games and you have nothing to complain about.

Im an outsider on this one also and my question is why would anybody within the numbers of a 1a school want to move up? That would be stupid. What about the two years prior to these two, didn't hear much crying then.