GCA 2015

gcapride

Yeah that would be my thoughts and I'd say they still have schools in Kantuck.

I'm going to set you straight. Maryville has one of the top school programs in the State of Tennessee and so good that people will pay $2,400 in tuition to send their kids there. It might be the closest thing you will find in the public schools that compare to some of the private schools and to move out of that and throw them into any school wasn't a choice. I'm not going to talk about this anymore other than to say the people there have been great.

I'm going to set you straight. Maryville has one of the top school programs in the State of Tennessee and so good that people will pay $2,400 in tuition to send their kids there. It might be the closest thing you will find in the public schools that compare to some of the private schools and to move out of that and throw them into any school wasn't a choice. I'm not going to talk about this anymore other than to say the people there have been great.

This is not my 1st rodeo, I,ve been around this forever, I understand things quite well so you'll have no need to set me straight.This is the FACT of the matter ,small private schools in these LARGE drawing pools have ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOOOO business playing small ruiral public schools. I will go another step and say not all private schools operate the same way but Grace didn't rise from the whipping post to a powerhouse by luck. GET REAL

pujo, the definition of a powerhouse to me is 30-0 in your last 30 games. Going 10-4 at Maryville might get you fired. I agree with you regarding the rural small schools and there should be a better way. See I don't know the situation there or how they have the kids they do have. It seems that they have broken up high school football into so many classes that you have to travel all over the place to fill a ten game schedule.

pujo, the definition of a powerhouse to me is 30-0 in your last 30 games. Going 10-4 at Maryville might get you fired. I agree with you regarding the rural small schools and there should be a better way. See I don't know the situation there or how they have the kids they do have. It seems that they have broken up high school football into so many classes that you have to travel all over the place to fill a ten game schedule.

A powerhouse to me is a team thats pretty much in the top 5 every single year.Grace actually got quite a bit better while they were on probation. They win at every single sport and you don't accomplish that be sheer luc

As far as Maryville goes,they are the standand of exellence but if they were to play Ensworth ,my money would be on the little private school.

We did get better. As a matter of fact, we should've won a championship our 2nd year on probation. Like I said, the penalty was huge, but justified by what took place.

You are correct, it didn't "happen by luck". This staff and players decided to alter the course of the program back then. It starts the 1st week of January every year and runs thru the end of the season. Participation is voluntary, but it always works out that the players that "choose" to attend off season workouts and work their butts off seem to be the ones that shine under the Friday Night lights in the fall. Participation is over 90%, even in February. So, yes, you're correct, it doesn't happen by luck. I've seen kids that were barely average in MS football come into the HS program and become All District, simply by increasing their work ethic and following the program. The Program will always win, it's those that choose to follow it that shine. Hard work pays off. Back to Back Semi-Final appearances prove that, and we're loaded to go again.

Edited by gcapride

A powerhouse to me is a team thats pretty much in the top 5 every single year.Grace actually got quite a bit better while they were on probation. They win at every single sport and you don't accomplish that be sheer luc

As far as Maryville goes,they are the standand of exellence but if they were to play Ensworth ,my money would be on the little private school.

We'll get to see in a few weeks when Maryville travels to Cookeville to play them in a game type scrimmage. Maryville starts off slow almost every year only to turn it on big time towards the end of the season so depending on when they played would determine the winner of that one. Last year Blackman or Oakland could of beat Maryville at the first of the season but not at the end. Ensworth has kids from at least five different states and the whole thing there is about football with big money backing it.

We did get better. As a matter of fact, we should've won a championship our 2nd year on probation. Like I said, the penalty was huge, but justified by what took place.

You are correct, it didn't "happen by luck". This staff and players decided to alter the course of the program back then. It starts the 1st week of January every year and runs thru the end of the season. Participation is voluntary, but it always works out that the players that "choose" to attend off season workouts and work their butts off seem to be the ones that shine under the Friday Night lights in the fall. Participation is over 90%, even in February. So, yes, you're correct, it doesn't happen by luck. I've seen kids that were barely average in MS football come into the HS program and become All District, simply by increasing their work ethic and following the program. The Program will always win, it's those that choose to follow it that shine. Hard work pays off. Back to Back Semi-Final appearances prove that, and we're loaded to go again.

It actuallty happened by drawing kids in from the area schools, But even at that it wouldn't work without alot of hard work.I'm not sure you even understand just how many transfers you have gotten over the last 10 years. I'd say you would go 0 and 10 if you actually played with the kids that starrted there in kindergarden.

It actuallty happened by drawing kids in from the area schools, But even at that it wouldn't work without alot of hard work.I'm not sure you even understand just how many transfers you have gotten over the last 10 years. I'd say you would go 0 and 10 if you actually played with the kids that starrted there in kindergarden.

Could be, but we've got a bunch of kids on this team and last years team that have been there since pre K. And you would be wrong in your assessment that I understand the # of transfers we've received in the past 10 yrs. I know every one of them. My kids have been here since pre K, so I see kids come and GO every year. There's quite a few that I would like to have seen stay with us. That's what you don't understand, we lose about as many as we get. Be it financial reasons, job relocation or just changing to a new school. We lose a lot. That's the part you and others don't want to acknowledge.

Could be, but we've got a bunch of kids on this team and last years team that have been there since pre K. And you would be wrong in your assessment that I understand the # of transfers we've received in the past 10 yrs. I know every one of them. My kids have been here since pre K, so I see kids come and GO every year. There's quite a few that I would like to have seen stay with us. That's what you don't understand, we lose about as many as we get. Be it financial reasons, job relocation or just changing to a new school. We lose a lot. That's the part you and others don't want to acknowledge.

I do know that you've lost some good ones but I'm sure most of them transferred to Grace from some other school. Kids on the team and kids that actually start on Friday night are 2 different things. Most of you're good ones start at some other school. I've known you since you were a baby.

I do know that you've lost some good ones but I'm sure most of them transferred to Grace from some other school. Kids on the team and kids that actually start on Friday night are 2 different things. Most of you're good ones start at some other school. I've known you since you were a baby.

LOL. You're an old man, but you're not that old. (I know you actually meant the school). We rely on transfers, always have, always will. If kids don't come, we don't have a school. And if a kid is an athlete and wants to win, our doors are open*.

*Said athlete must meet all TSSAA transfer requirements under TSSAA Bylaws and rule 27-31.3 / A-2

LOL. You're an old man, but you're not that old. (I know you actually meant the school). We rely on transfers, always have, always will. If kids don't come, we don't have a school. And if a kid is an athlete and wants to win, our doors are open*.

*Said athlete must meet all TSSAA transfer requirements under TSSAA Bylaws and rule 27-31.3 / A-2

I'm pretty dang old, 38 when the  GCA started and I don't blame you a bit for welcoming every athlete you can get, we would do the same thing,but it  just don't happen that way around here.