GCA 2015

gcapride

Pujo I hate to break the news to you but this kids father took on a new job and their moving to that area because of that. The family had mentioned how great everyone has been to them at GCA because it was a stressful situation having to up and move. Maryville is loaded to the gills two and three players deep at some positions and no one plays two positions there which really limits playing time for each player but benefits the team with fresh players the whole game long. A couple of years ago I watched a kid from Maryville go to CAK and gain well over a thousand yards and virtually run all over Alcoa on their way to the championship. Had this kid stayed at Maryville he would have been sharing playing time and I doubt he would have got the ball more than twenty times because of the Kids Maryville had at that position. The kid I mentioned also is in the same log jam with three other kids that all could start at most other high schools. The family is sending him to GCA because of the education and could care less if he plays football or not.  My thoughts are that GCA got a good kid and his chances will be much better there than getting lost in the numbers at Maryville and I hope him the best.

Pujo I hate to break the news to you but this kids father took on a new job and their moving to that area because of that. The family had mentioned how great everyone has been to them at GCA because it was a stressful situation having to up and move. Maryville is loaded to the gills two and three players deep at some positions and no one plays two positions there which really limits playing time for each player but benefits the team with fresh players the whole game long. A couple of years ago I watched a kid from Maryville go to CAK and gain well over a thousand yards and virtually run all over Alcoa on their way to the championship. Had this kid stayed at Maryville he would have been sharing playing time and I doubt he would have got the ball more than twenty times because of the Kids Maryville had at that position. The kid I mentioned also is in the same log jam with three other kids that all could start at most other high schools. The family is sending him to GCA because of the education and could care less if he plays football or not.  My thoughts are that GCA got a good kid and his chances will be much better there than getting lost in the numbers at Maryville and I hope him the best.

I'm sure the kid in question is a fine young man and I wish him well. The point I'm trying to make is, very few small schools have the ability to draw kids from Maryville type programs. Grace is in a honey hole and they know it, they thrive off of kids who usually attend public schools up until Jr High.  Its just the nature of the business and the very reason we should have a complete split.

I'm sure the kid in question is a fine young man and I wish him well. The point I'm trying to make is, very few small schools have the ability to draw kids from Maryville type programs. Grace is in a honey hole and they know it, they thrive off of kids who usually attend public schools up until Jr High.  Its just the nature of the business and the very reason we should have a complete split.

I understand pujo but I did see where their coach said they would be willing to move up a notch which would help but going 7-3 last year isn't like what schools dealt with when Brentwood Academy was on it's roll back in the 80' and 90's. I can tell you that most private schools are growing because of the poor way public schools are being run now and not for capturing sports trophies. I wouldn't be surprised in the near future there aren't more private schools than public because of how the public schools are run.

I understand pujo but I did see where their coach said they would be willing to move up a notch which would help but going 7-3 last year isn't like what schools dealt with when Brentwood Academy was on it's roll back in the 80' and 90's. I can tell you that most private schools are growing because of the poor way public schools are being run now and not for capturing sports trophies. I wouldn't be surprised in the near future there aren't more private schools than public because of how the public schools are run.

Amen to that, I can sure see the need for Private schools.

Just so we are all on the same page....IF there's a transfer kid from Maryville or wherever, he will have to meet the transfer requirements of the TSSAA to be eligible this year. Those same transfer requirements by the TSSAA are for Public and Private school transfers. Sometimes you guys get screwed up thinking Private School transfers don't have to adhere to the same transfer rules as Public schools. We BOTH operate under the same transfer rules that the TSSAA has for all transfers, regardless of classification, public / private, DI or DII.

Just so we are all on the same page....IF there's a transfer kid from Maryville or wherever, he will have to meet the transfer requirements of the TSSAA to be eligible this year. Those same transfer requirements by the TSSAA are for Public and Private school transfers. Sometimes you guys get screwed up thinking Private School transfers don't have to adhere to the same transfer rules as Public schools. We BOTH operate under the same transfer rules that the TSSAA has for all transfers, regardless of classification, public / private, DI or DII.

Your right and they know this also and had the choice of three other schools where there would have not been a problem at all but a good school came first and sports was second. If that choice of a good school like GCA had not been available they wouldn't have even considered the move. Far as football goes if he is eligible this year it could be a good addition to the team and if not then it will be next year. I do know being a part of the football team was a good step in meeting and knowing some of the other kids before school started which would make the transition a lot better and what I hear is that things are going great and have heard nothing but the best. 

Your right and they know this also and had the choice of three other schools where there would have not been a problem at all but a good school came first and sports was second. If that choice of a good school like GCA had not been available they wouldn't have even considered the move. Far as football goes if he is eligible this year it could be a good addition to the team and if not then it will be next year. I do know being a part of the football team was a good step in meeting and knowing some of the other kids before school started which would make the transition a lot better and what I hear is that things are going great and have heard nothing but the best.

just curious how much is a years tuition to GCA. I might want to send my kid.

Clear this up so my pea sized brain can comprehend...Dad had a new job in this area and had to move....or would a move had never been considered had a school like GCA not been available? (Meaning the school the son now attends is inferior to one like GCA)

Clear this up so my pea sized brain can comprehend...Dad had a new job in this area and had to move....or would a move had never been considered had a school like GCA not been available? (Meaning the school the son now attends is inferior to one like GCA)

The father took a job in Kentucky just over the line and moved to North Knox so drive would be 45 minutes period. GCA was the best fit for the situation. Has nothing to do with football because they could care less. My observation on the whole thing is that I've seen kids in the past go to other schools and do well and that's what I'm hoping here. We had a kid that would have had limited playing time a few years ago had he stayed at Maryville go to another school and do well. I'm a Maryville follower and I'll be right on the money with this, the second best team in East Tennessee is Maryville's second string and the third string would have a winning record in 6-A and there are so many kids that play there that could start on other teams that don't even see much action at all. I just want to see any of these kids that go somewhere else do well just as the kid that went to CAK a few years ago.